Anne Stevenson - My mother brought me magicians and witches, because I was very ugly, really revolting. So she thought somebody had put a spell on me - this is the truth - so she made me drink some horrible terrifying potions, for year.
[ Because Brought Drink Had Horrible Made Magicians Mother Put Really Revolting She Some Somebody Spell Terrifying Thought Truth Ugly Very Witches Year]
- Shakespeare also introduces the supernatural into some of his tragedies; he introduces ghosts, and witches who have supernatural knowledge.
[ Also Ghosts His Into Introduces Knowledge Shakespeare Some Supernatural Tragedies Witches]
- Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
[ Alone Assembly Bondage Burnt Cannot Fear Feared Fears Free Function Injury Irrational Justify Men Oppression Serious Speech Witches Women]
- A major difference between witches and psychotherapists is that witches see the mental health of women as having important political consequences.
[ Between Consequences Difference Having Health Important Major Mental Political See Witches Women]
- The number of witches had everywhere become enormous.
[ Become Enormous Everywhere Had Number Witches]
- Although the most acute judges of the witches and even the witches themselves, were convinced of the guilt of witchery, the guilt nevertheless was non-existent. It is thus with all guilt.
[ Acute Although Convinced Even Guilt Judges Most Nevertheless Non-Existent Themselves Thus Were Witches]