- Ambition. An overmastering desire to be vilified by enemies while living and made ridiculous by friends when dead.
[ Ambition Dead Desire Enemies Friends Living Made Ridiculous Vilified While]
- They have vilified me, they have crucified me; yes, they have even criticized me.
[ Criticized Crucified Even Vilified Yes]
- But I love filmmaking - I'm not ashamed of that. You're sort of vilified if you say that in England.
[ Ashamed England Filmmaking Love Say Sort Vilified]
- Our own theological Church, as we know, has scorned and vilified the body till it has seemed almost a reproach and a shame to have one, yet at the same time has credited it with power to drag the soul to perdition.
[ Almost Body Church Credited Drag Know Our Own Perdition Power Reproach Same Scorned Seemed Shame Soul Theological Till Time Vilified Yet]
- And why do we, who say we oppose tyranny and demand freedom of speech, allow people to go to prison and be vilified, and magazines to be closed down on the spot, for suggesting another version of history.
[ Allow Another Closed Demand Down Freedom Go History Magazines Oppose Prison Say Speech Spot Suggesting Tyranny Version Vilified Why]
- You know, I find it very strange when movies that I made that were just excoriated - I mean that I was just vilified for - are now looked at as classics.
[ Classics Find Just Know Looked Made Mean Movies Now Strange Very Vilified Were]