Sellapan Ramanathan - To place oneself in the position of God is painful: being God is equivalent to being tortured. For being God means that one is in harmony with all that is, including the worst. The existence of the worst evils is unimaginable unless God willed them.
[ Being Equivalent Evils Existence God Harmony Including Means Oneself Painful Place Position Them Tortured Unimaginable Unless Willed Worst]
- Can any of us even imagine, after Pearl Harbor, President Roosevelt suggesting we negotiate a resolution or that we could simply prosecute those involved? Of course it is unimaginable. We are right to be in the Middle East, and we are right to treat this as the war it is.
[ After Any Could Course East Even Harbor Imagine Involved Middle Negotiate Pearl President Prosecute Resolution Right Roosevelt Simply Suggesting Those Treat Unimaginable Us War]
- All Asian parents are into your children having a respectable, decent stable job. Acting was unimaginable to my parents.
[ Acting Asian Children Decent Having Into Job Parents Respectable Stable Unimaginable Your]
- How one can live without being able to judge oneself, criticize what one has accomplished, and still enjoy what one does, is unimaginable to me.
[ Able Accomplished Being Criticize Does Enjoy How Judge Live Oneself Still Unimaginable Without]
- There are no dreams too large, no innovation unimaginable and no frontiers beyond our reach.
[ Beyond Dreams Frontiers Innovation Large Our Reach Too Unimaginable]
- East Asia has prospered since the end of the Vietnam War, and Northeast Asia has prospered since the end of the Korean War in a way that seems unimaginable when you think of the history of the first half of the century.
[ Asia Century East End First Half History Korean Northeast Prospered Seems Since Think Unimaginable Vietnam War Way]
- The New York Times' was enigmatic: 'Some unimaginable gravitational force is pulling our entire galaxy in the opposite direction.' End of article. If you stop and think about that, we are recreating ourselves.
[ Article Direction End Enigmatic Entire Force Galaxy Gravitational New Opposite Our Ourselves Pulling Recreating Some Stop Think Times Unimaginable York]
- Thus, the technique of metropolitan life is unimaginable without the most punctual integration of all activities and mutual relations into a stable and impersonal time schedule.
[ Activities Impersonal Integration Into Life Metropolitan Most Mutual Punctual Relations Schedule Stable Technique Thus Time Unimaginable Without]
- In today's world, it is no longer unimaginable to think that business can operate - and even thrive - in an environmentally-friendly manner.
[ Business Even Longer Manner Operate Think Thrive Today Unimaginable World]
- I should imagine that the conditions in the cockpit are totally unimaginable.
[ Cockpit Conditions Imagine Should Totally Unimaginable]
- That's the whole problem with science. You've got a bunch of empiricists trying to describe things of unimaginable wonder.
[ Bunch Describe Got Problem Science Things Trying Unimaginable Whole Wonder]
- Determination, energy, and courage appear spontaneously when we care deeply about something. We take risks that are unimaginable in any other context.
[ Any Appear Care Context Courage Deeply Determination Energy Other Risks Something Spontaneously Take Unimaginable]
- It is time... to end the long-standing and unproductive methodological debate over 'originalism' versus 'dynamism' or 'evolution' and focus instead on how, as a substantive matter, we should interpret the Constitution in the twenty-first century, and what it has to say on questions unimaginable to our eighteenth-century Framers.
[ Century Constitution Debate Dynamism End Evolution Focus Framers How Instead Interpret Long-Standing Matter Our Over Questions Say Should Substantive Time Unimaginable Unproductive Versus]