- Language is a skin: I rub my language against the other. It is as if I had words instead of fingers, or fingers at the tip of my words. My language trembles with desire.
[ Against Desire Fingers Had Instead Language Other Rub Skin Tip Trembles Words]
- Faith makes all evil good to us, and all good better; unbelief makes all good evil, and all evil worse. Faith laughs at the shaking of the spear; unbelief trembles at the shaking of a leaf.
[ Better Evil Faith Good Laughs Leaf Makes Shaking Spear Trembles Unbelief Us Worse]
- Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon their knees.
[ Knees Saint Satan Sees Their Trembles Upon Weakest]
- You sit at the board and suddenly your heart leaps. Your hand trembles to pick up the piece and move it. But what chess teaches you is that you must sit there calmly and think about whether it's really a good idea and whether there are other, better ideas.
[ Better Board Calmly Chess Good Hand Heart Idea Ideas Leaps Move Must Other Pick Piece Really Sit Suddenly Teaches Think Trembles Up Whether Your]
- Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold.
[ Alone Cold Family Man Trembles Without World]
- Love never reasons, but profusely gives; it gives like a thoughtless prodigal its all, and then trembles least it has done to little.
[ Done Gives Least Little Love Never Prodigal Reasons Then Thoughtless Trembles]
- As Lord Chesterfield said of the generals of his day, 'I only hope that when the enemy reads the list of their names, he trembles as I do.'
[ Day Enemy Generals His Hope List Lord Names Only Reads Said Their Trembles]