Andrea Barber - The effect of power and publicity on all men is the aggravation of self, a sort of tumor that ends by killing the victim's sympathies.
[ Aggravation Effect Ends Killing Men Power Publicity Self Sort Sympathies Tumor Victim]
Thomas Harrison - This airline is grateful for his extensive contributions and we will miss his friendship and support. We extend our deepest sympathies to the Casey family on its personal loss.
[ Airline Casey Contributions Deepest Extend Extensive Family Friendship Grateful His Loss Miss Our Personal Support Sympathies Will]
Ahmet Zappa - My mother's sympathies were strongly with the Union. She knew that war was bound to come, but so confident was she in the strength of the Federal Government that she devoutly believed that the struggle could not last longer than six months at the utmost.
[ Believed Bound Come Confident Could Devoutly Federal Government Knew Last Longer Months Mother She Six Strength Strongly Struggle Sympathies Than Union Utmost War Were]
- To note an artist's limitations is but to define his talent. A reporter can write equally well about everything that is presented to his view, but a creative writer can do his best only with what lies within the range and character of his deepest sympathies.
[ Artist Best Character Creative Deepest Define Equally Everything His Lies Limitations Note Only Presented Range Reporter Sympathies Talent View Well Within Write Writer]
- The first duty of an historian is to be on guard against his own sympathies.
[ Against Duty First Guard His Historian Own Sympathies]
- I always received much more satisfaction as a defense attorney in obtaining an acquittal for a client than I ever have as a D.A. in obtaining a conviction. All my interests and sympathies tend to be on the side of the individual as opposed to the state.
[ Acquittal Always Attorney Client Conviction Defense Ever Individual Interests More Much Obtaining Opposed Received Satisfaction Side State Sympathies Tend Than]
- Like many Americans my thoughts and prayers are with the people of London. My deepest sympathies are extended to those who lost a loved one in the recent terror attacks.
[ Americans Attacks Deepest Extended London Lost Loved Many Prayers Recent Sympathies Terror Those Thoughts]
- Love and death are the two great hinges on which all human sympathies turn.
[ Death Great Hinges Human Love Sympathies Turn Two Which]
- My sympathies have always been for working-class people.
[ Always Been Sympathies Working-Class Working-Class]
- I now bid farewell to the country of my birth - of my passions - of my death; a country whose misfortunes have invoked my sympathies - whose factions I sought to quell - whose intelligence I prompted to a lofty aim - whose freedom has been my fatal dream.
[ Aim Been Bid Birth Country Death Dream Factions Farewell Fatal Freedom Intelligence Invoked Lofty Misfortunes Now Passions Prompted Quell Sought Sympathies Whose]
- Right now, American law bars the admission of aliens suspected of terrorist activity - but not of terrorist sympathies.
[ Activity Admission Aliens American Bars Law Now Right Suspected Sympathies Terrorist]
- In their sympathies, children feel nearer animals than adults.
[ Adults Animals Children Feel Nearer Sympathies Than Their]
- The existing principle of selfish interest and competition has been carried to its extreme point; and, in its progress, has isolated the heart of man, blunted the edge of his finest sensibilities, and annihilated all his most generous impulses and sympathies.
[ Annihilated Been Blunted Carried Competition Edge Existing Extreme Finest Generous Heart His Impulses Interest Isolated Man Most Point Principle Progress Selfish Sensibilities Sympathies]