Frank Church - A man is not rightly conditioned until he is a happy, healthy, and prosperous being; and happiness, health, and prosperity are the result of a harmonious adjustment of the inner with the outer of the man with his surroundings.
[ Adjustment Being Conditioned Happiness Happy Harmonious Health Healthy His Inner Man Outer Prosperity Prosperous Result Rightly Surroundings Until]
Charlotte Curtis - It was from them that I learned that hard work in stable surroundings could yield rewards, even if only in infinitesimally small increments.
[ Could Even Hard Increments Learned Only Rewards Small Stable Surroundings Them Work Yield]
Ted Demme - The man who has no inner-life is a slave to his surroundings.
[ His Man Slave Surroundings]
Sadie Frost - Till now I have never shot a scene without taking account of what stands behind the actors because the relationship between people and their surroundings is of prime importance.
[ Account Actors Because Behind Between Importance Never Now Prime Relationship Scene Shot Stands Surroundings Taking Their Till Without]
Howard Metzenbaum - Study lends a kind of enchantment to all our surroundings.
[ Enchantment Kind Lends Our Study Surroundings]
Annie Proulx - The children don't wear their masks at home and in controlled surroundings.
[ Children Controlled Home Masks Surroundings Their Wear]
Archibald Wavell - Well, I think I was always sort of reflecting where I was and my sense of surroundings and ecology, urban or country, or foreign, living in Europe, very affected by all of that.
[ Affected Always Country Ecology Europe Foreign Living Reflecting Sense Sort Surroundings Think Urban Very Well Where]
- Furthermore, the study of the present surroundings is insufficient: the history of the people, the influence of the regions through which it has passed on its migrations, and the people with whom it came into contact, must be considered.
[ Came Considered Contact Furthermore History Influence Insufficient Into Migrations Must Passed Present Regions Study Surroundings Through Which Whom]
- But if each man could have his own house, a large garden to cultivate and healthy surroundings - then, I thought, there will be for them a better opportunity of a happy family life.
[ Better Could Cultivate Each Family Garden Happy Healthy His House Large Life Man Opportunity Own Surroundings Them Then Thought Will]
- I like making black and white films in natural surroundings, but I much prefer shooting a color film inside a studio where the colors are easier to control.
[ Black Color Colors Control Easier Film Films Inside Making Much Natural Prefer Shooting Studio Surroundings Where White]
- The beautiful remains so in ugly surroundings.
[ Beautiful Remains Surroundings Ugly]
- My work is purely autobiographical... It is about myself and my surroundings.
[ Autobiographical Myself Purely Surroundings Work]
- It was only from an inner calm that man was able to discover and shape calm surroundings.
[ Able Calm Discover Inner Man Only Shape Surroundings]
- That ability to take in your surroundings and sort out the important stuff, to be aware, to be vigilant. Then take all that information, put it together, and see if it makes sense to you.
[ Ability Aware Important Information Makes Out Put See Sense Sort Stuff Surroundings Take Then Together Vigilant Your]
- The individual whose vision encompasses the whole world often feels nowhere so hedged in and out of touch with his surroundings as in his native land.
[ Encompasses Feels His Individual Land Native Nowhere Often Out Surroundings Touch Vision Whole Whose World]
- The law regards man as man, and takes no account of his surroundings or of his color when his civil rights as guaranteed by the supreme law of the land are involved.
[ Account Civil Color Guaranteed His Involved Land Law Man Regards Rights Supreme Surroundings Takes]
- It's important to determine which surroundings work best for you, and then build that environment to suit your needs.
[ Best Build Determine Environment Important Needs Suit Surroundings Then Which Work Your]
- In England, it's thought to be morally suspect to worry about what your surroundings look like.
[ England Look Morally Surroundings Suspect Thought Worry Your]
- With all the weird surroundings of outer space the basic underlying theme of the show is a philosophical approach to man's relationship to woman. There are both sexes in the crew, in fact, the first officer is a woman.
[ Approach Basic Both Crew Fact First Man Officer Outer Philosophical Relationship Sexes Show Space Surroundings Theme Underlying Weird Woman]
- Why should we think upon things that are lovely? Because thinking determines life. It is a common habit to blame life upon the environment. Environment modifies life but does not govern life. The soul is stronger than its surroundings.
[ Because Blame Common Determines Does Environment Govern Habit Life Lovely Should Soul Stronger Surroundings Than Things Think Thinking Upon Why]
- You just get the vibes of your surroundings and it rubs off on you.
[ Get Just Off Rubs Surroundings Vibes Your]
- I try to give people a different way of looking at their surroundings. That's art to me.
[ Art Different Give Looking Surroundings Their Try Way]
- A constant struggle, a ceaseless battle to bring success from inhospitable surroundings, is the price of all great achievements.
[ Achievements Battle Bring Ceaseless Constant Great Inhospitable Price Struggle Success Surroundings]
- Your outlook upon life, your estimate of yourself, your estimate of your value are largely colored by your environment. Your whole career will be modified, shaped, molded by your surroundings, by the character of the people with whom you come in contact every day.
[ Career Character Colored Come Contact Day Environment Estimate Every Largely Life Modified Molded Outlook Shaped Surroundings Upon Value Whole Whom Will Your Yourself]
- I always feel more comfortable in chaotic surroundings. I don't know why that is. I think order is dull. There is something about this kind of desire for order, particularly in Anglo Saxon cultures, that drive out this ability for the streets to become a really exotic, amorphous, chaotic, organic place where ideas can, basically, develop.
[ Ability Always Anglo Basically Become Chaotic Comfortable Cultures Desire Develop Drive Dull Exotic Feel Ideas Kind Know More Order Organic Out Particularly Place Really Something Streets Surroundings Think Where Why]
- All Americans need a sense of place. That's what makes our physical surroundings worth caring about.
[ Americans Caring Makes Need Our Physical Place Sense Surroundings Worth]
- A visit to a cinema is a little outing in itself. It breaks the monotony of an afternoon or evening; it gives a change from the surroundings of home, however pleasant.
[ Afternoon Breaks Change Cinema Evening Gives Home However Itself Little Monotony Outing Pleasant Surroundings Visit]
- There is an atmosphere about the picture theatre that speaks of entertainment and relaxation. The charming surroundings, good music, and the fact that each visitor is determined to enjoy a few hours of holiday all exert an influence on the mind.
[ Atmosphere Charming Determined Each Enjoy Entertainment Exert Fact Few Good Holiday Hours Influence Mind Music Picture Relaxation Speaks Surroundings Theatre Visitor]
- The march to our duty here, not merely to ourselves, but to our surroundings, must proceed. God wills it.
[ Duty God Here March Merely Must Our Ourselves Proceed Surroundings Wills]
- Swimming is normal for me. I'm relaxed. I'm comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It's my home.
[ Comfortable Home Know Normal Relaxed Surroundings Swimming]
- I have a lot of chameleon qualities, I get very absorbed in my surroundings.
[ Absorbed Chameleon Get Lot Qualities Surroundings Very]
- Do not suppress it - that would hurt you inside. Do not express it - this would not only hurt you inside, it would cause ripples in your surroundings. What you do is transform it.
[ Cause Express Hurt Inside Only Ripples Suppress Surroundings Transform Would Your]
- I really do believe in the influence of your surroundings.
[ Believe Influence Really Surroundings Your]
- Jerry reversed the usual formula of the superhero who goes to another planet. He put the superhero in ordinary, familiar surroundings, instead of the other way around, as was done in most science fiction. That was the first time I can recall that it had ever been done.
[ Another Around Been Done Ever Familiar Fiction First Formula Goes Had Instead Jerry Most Ordinary Other Planet Put Recall Reversed Science Superhero Surroundings Time Usual Way]
- Any setting can potentially acquire this vividness. It slowly arrives during the period of research, until it is as immediate to me as my own real surroundings.
[ Acquire Any Arrives During Immediate Own Period Potentially Real Research Setting Slowly Surroundings Until]
- We are what we see. We are products of our surroundings.
[ Our Products See Surroundings]