- By placing discretion in the hands of an official to grant or deny a license, such a statute creates a threat of censorship that by its very existence chills free speech.
[ Censorship Chills Creates Deny Discretion Existence Free Grant Hands License Official Placing Speech Statute Such Threat Very]
- The flaw in the statute is that in all its applications, it operates on a fundamentally mistaken premise that high solicitation costs are an accurate measure of fraud.
[ Accurate Applications Costs Flaw Fraud Fundamentally High Measure Mistaken Operates Premise Solicitation Statute]
- While 45 of the 50 States have either a State constitutional amendment or a statute that preserves the current definition of marriage, left-wing activist judges and officials at the local levels have struck down State laws protecting marriage.
[ Activist Amendment Constitutional Current Definition Down Either Judges Laws Left-Wing Levels Local Marriage Officials Preserves Protecting State States Statute Struck While]
- When a judge assumes the power to decide which distinctions made in a statute are legitimate and which are not, he assumes the power to disapprove of any and all legislation, because all legislation makes distinctions.
[ Any Assumes Because Decide Disapprove Distinctions Judge Legislation Legitimate Made Makes Power Statute Which]
- The equality among all members of the League, which is provided in the statutes giving each state only one vote, cannot of course abolish the actual material inequality of the powers concerned.
[ Abolish Actual Among Cannot Concerned Course Each Equality Giving Inequality League Material Members Only Powers Provided State Statutes Vote Which]
- If there is to be peace in our industrial life let the employer recognize his obligation to his employees - at least to the degree set forth in existing statutes.
[ Degree Employees Employer Existing Forth His Industrial Least Life Obligation Our Peace Recognize Set Statutes]
- He who molds the public sentiment... makes statutes and decisions possible or impossible to make.
[ Decisions Impossible Make Makes Molds Possible Public Sentiment Statutes]
- I think the motive is to establish in federal law the personhood from conception forward and try and alter the Constitution through statute.
[ Alter Conception Constitution Establish Federal Forward Law Motive Statute Think Through Try]
- Statutes authorizing unreasonable searches were the core concern of the framers of the 4th Amendment.
[ Amendment Authorizing Concern Core Framers Searches Statutes Unreasonable Were]
- Al Gore seems to have found a great political ploy: Picking up whatever issue he is most vulnerable on and championing the cause. Perhaps he will start to champion perjury statutes and obstruction of justice.
[ Al Cause Champion Found Gore Great Issue Justice Most Obstruction Perhaps Perjury Picking Ploy Political Seems Start Statutes Up Vulnerable Whatever Will]
- Then, in the next place, we must know that every being which is endowed with reason, and transgresses its statutes and limitations, is undoubtedly involved in sin by swerving from rectitude and justice.
[ Being Endowed Every Involved Justice Know Limitations Must Next Place Reason Rectitude Sin Statutes Then Undoubtedly Which]
- Ideally citizens are to think of themselves as if they were legislators and ask themselves what statutes, supported by what reasons satisfying the criterion of reciprocity, they would think is most reasonable to enact.
[ Ask Citizens Criterion Enact Ideally Legislators Most Reasonable Reasons Satisfying Statutes Supported Themselves Think Were Would]
- In Connecticut, my understanding, although I haven't seen the actual litigation, is that they want to measure every other year and not provide annual assessment as is required in the statute.
[ Actual Although Annual Assessment Connecticut Every Haven Litigation Measure Other Provide Required Seen Statute Understanding Want Year]
- But what I believe is that if a person's individual rights or right to be a part of our economic system is violated under statute, we aggressively go after it. But we don't issue mandates to businesses that you've got to do this and you've got to do that.
[ After Aggressively Believe Businesses Economic Go Got Individual Issue Mandates Our Part Person Right Rights Statute System Under Violated]
- We've had public hearings. We've had interim reports, which our statute has encouraged us to provide to the public. We have brought the public along with us, trying to make as much available as possible over time.
[ Along Available Brought Encouraged Had Hearings Interim Make Much Our Over Possible Provide Public Reports Statute Time Trying Us Which]
- Well, our statute provides us with authority to conduct a very broad inquiry basically to provide an investigation of 9/11 that's thorough, complete and will withstand the scrutiny of history.
[ Authority Basically Broad Complete Conduct History Inquiry Investigation Our Provide Provides Scrutiny Statute Thorough Us Very Well Will Withstand]