Scott Adams - True science is never speculative; it employs hypotheses as suggesting points for inquiry, but it never adopts the hypotheses as though they were demonstrated propositions.
[ Adopts Demonstrated Employs Hypotheses Inquiry Never Points Propositions Science Speculative Suggesting Though True Were]
Scott Baio - He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.
[ Dreamer His Idiot Philosopher Speculative Thinker Wife Would]
Benjamin Cardozo - Thus the same object may supply a practical perception to one person and a speculative one to another, or the same person may perceive it partly practically and partly speculatively.
[ Another May Object Partly Perceive Perception Person Practical Practically Same Speculative Supply Thus]
Fred Davis - Historians don't really like to carry on speculative debates, but you could certainly argue that the likelihood of a Soviet invasion of Western Europe was extremely, extremely low.
[ Argue Carry Certainly Could Debates Europe Extremely Historians Invasion Likelihood Low Really Soviet Speculative Western]
Erich Fromm - I don't want what I am saying to sound like a prophecy or anything like an analysis of modern society... these are only feelings I have, and I am the least speculative man on earth.
[ Am Analysis Anything Earth Feelings Least Man Modern Only Prophecy Saying Society Sound Speculative These Want]
- Stock market corrections, although painful at the time, are actually a very healthy part of the whole mechanism, because there are always speculative excesses that develop, particularly during the long bull market.
[ Actually Although Always Because Bull Corrections Develop During Excesses Healthy Long Market Mechanism Painful Part Particularly Speculative Stock Time Very Whole]
- There were two qualities about the mutual funds of the 1920s that made them extremely speculative. One was that they were heavily leveraged. Two, mutual funds were allowed to invest in other mutual funds.
[ Allowed Extremely Funds Heavily Invest Made Mutual Other Qualities Speculative Them Two Were]
- I shall endeavour still further to prosecute this inquiry, an inquiry I trust not merely speculative, but of sufficient moment to inspire the pleasing hope of its becoming essentially beneficial to mankind.
[ Becoming Beneficial Endeavour Essentially Further Hope Inquiry Inspire Mankind Merely Moment Pleasing Prosecute Shall Speculative Still Sufficient Trust]
- All the interests of my reason, speculative as well as practical, combine in the three following questions: 1. What can I know? 2. What ought I to do? 3. What may I hope?
[ Combine Following Hope Interests Know May Ought Practical Questions Reason Speculative Three Well]
- An early fascination with higher mathematics at the university level blossomed into speculative thinking that could provide a basis for dealing with economic issues.
[ Basis Blossomed Could Dealing Early Economic Fascination Higher Into Issues Level Mathematics Provide Speculative Thinking University]
- I fear that, in the end, the famous debate among materialists, idealists, and dualists amounts to a merely verbal dispute that is more a matter for the linguist than for the speculative philosopher.
[ Among Amounts Debate Dispute End Famous Fear Idealists Materialists Matter Merely More Philosopher Speculative Than Verbal]
- The service of philosophy, of speculative culture, towards the human spirit, is to rouse, to startle it to a life of constant and eager observation.
[ Constant Culture Eager Human Life Observation Philosophy Rouse Service Speculative Spirit Startle Towards]
- I wrote speculative fiction because I loved to read it, and thought I could do better than some of the people who were getting published.
[ Because Better Could Fiction Getting Loved Published Read Some Speculative Than Thought Were Wrote]
- Evolution is a bankrupt speculative philosophy, not a scientific fact. Only a spiritually bankrupt society could ever believe it. Only atheists could accept this Satanic theory.
[ Accept Atheists Bankrupt Believe Could Ever Evolution Fact Only Philosophy Scientific Society Speculative Spiritually Theory]
- The speculative part of my work is that these particular cognitive tasks - ways of thinking analytically - are tied to nature's laws.
[ Analytically Cognitive Laws Nature Part Particular Speculative Tasks These Thinking Tied Ways Work]