- We are like ignorant shepherds living on a site where great civilizations once flourished. The shepherds play with the fragments that pop up to the surface, having no notion of the beautiful structures of which they were once a part.
[ Beautiful Civilizations Flourished Fragments Great Having Ignorant Living Notion Once Part Play Pop Shepherds Site Structures Surface Up Were Where Which]
- I find that I sent wolves not shepherds to govern Ireland, for they have left me nothing but ashes and carcasses to reign over!
[ Ashes Find Govern Ireland Left Nothing Over Reign Sent Shepherds Wolves]
- Peoples will be as before, the sheep sent to the slaughterhouses or to the meadows as it pleases the shepherds.
[ Before Meadows Peoples Pleases Sent Sheep Shepherds Slaughterhouses Will]
- Christmas in Bethlehem. The ancient dream: a cold, clear night made brilliant by a glorious star, the smell of incense, shepherds and wise men falling to their knees in adoration of the sweet baby, the incarnation of perfect love.
[ Adoration Ancient Baby Bethlehem Brilliant Christmas Clear Cold Dream Falling Glorious Incarnation Incense Knees Love Made Men Night Perfect Shepherds Smell Star Sweet Their Wise]
- The charge was left entirely to himself from midnight until the rising of the sun; and if all the shepherds in the Forest had been there to have assisted him, they could not have effected it with greater propriety.
[ Assisted Been Charge Could Effected Entirely Forest Greater Had Him Himself Left Midnight Propriety Rising Shepherds Sun Until]
- Today the tyrant rules not by club or fist, but disguised as a market researcher, he shepherds his flocks in the ways of utility and comfort.
[ Club Comfort Disguised Fist Flocks His Market Researcher Rules Shepherds Today Tyrant Utility Ways]
- I have German Shepherds that I train and have brought back to Germany. I love going there.
[ Back Brought German Germany Going Love Shepherds Train]
- Governments need to have both shepherds and butchers.
[ Both Butchers Governments Need Shepherds]
- Vexed sailors cursed the rain, for which poor shepherds prayed in vain.
[ Cursed Poor Prayed Rain Sailors Shepherds Vain Which]