Lyman Beecher - Mirth is like a flash of lightning, that breaks through a gloom of clouds, and glitters for a moment; cheerfulness keeps up a kind of daylight in the mind, and fills it with a steady and perpetual serenity.
[ Breaks Cheerfulness Clouds Daylight Fills Flash Gloom Keeps Kind Lightning Mind Mirth Moment Perpetual Serenity Steady Through Up]
Al Oerter - A garden must combine the poetic and he mysterious with a feeling of serenity and joy.
[ Combine Feeling Garden Joy Must Mysterious Poetic Serenity]
Daniel Okrent - I think that the ideal space must contain elements of magic, serenity, sorcery and mystery.
[ Contain Elements Ideal Magic Must Mystery Serenity Sorcery Space Think]
Michael Oxley - Smiling always with a never fading serenity of countenance, and flourishing in an immortal youth.
[ Always Countenance Fading Flourishing Immortal Never Serenity Smiling Youth]
Danielle Steel - I am very willing to share whatever I know or feel I know about finding some serenity in this lifetime.
[ Am Feel Finding Know Lifetime Serenity Share Some Very Whatever Willing]
John Sununu - I am one who believes that we are, in fact, engaged in a worldwide war against terrorism. We must have the serenity to accept the fact that war is not going to go away if we ignore it.
[ Accept Against Am Away Believes Engaged Fact Go Going Ignore Must Serenity Terrorism War Worldwide]
- Curiosity endows the people who have it with a generosity in argument and a serenity in their own mode of life which springs from their cheerful willingness to let life take the form it will.
[ Argument Cheerful Curiosity Endows Form Generosity Life Mode Own Serenity Springs Take Their Which Will Willingness]
- Despair is the damp of hell, as joy is the serenity of heaven.
[ Damp Despair Heaven Hell Joy Serenity]
- The sole art that suits me is that which, rising from unrest, tends toward serenity.
[ Art Rising Serenity Sole Suits Tends Toward Unrest Which]
- What some people interpret as brooding melancholy is serenity. I don't feel required to grasp all the time.
[ Brooding Feel Grasp Interpret Melancholy Required Serenity Some Time]
- Philosophy as practice does not mean its restriction to utility or applicability, that is, to what serves morality or produces serenity of soul.
[ Does Mean Morality Philosophy Practice Produces Restriction Serenity Serves Soul Utility]
- My mom taught us the Serenity Prayer at a young age.
[ Age Mom Prayer Serenity Taught Us Young]
- Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.
[ Antidote Anxiety Asset Attracts Best Body Burdens Business Contentment Depression Direct Friends Good Human Humor Keeps Lightens Mind Route Serenity Tonic]
- The only thing I was trying to portray was serenity. Also, innocence, vulnerability and elegance.
[ Also Elegance Innocence Only Portray Serenity Thing Trying Vulnerability]
- Supreme serenity still remains the Ideal of great Art. The shapes and transitory forms of life are but stages toward this Ideal, which Christ's religion illuminates with His divine light.
[ Art Christ Divine Forms Great His Ideal Illuminates Life Light Religion Remains Serenity Shapes Stages Still Supreme Toward Transitory Which]
- The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books.
[ Books Learning Love Serenity Sweet]
- But I do know focusing on the exterior doesn't make me happy. If I want peace and serenity, it won't be reached by getting thinner or fatter.
[ Exterior Focusing Getting Happy Know Make Peace Reached Serenity Thinner Want Won]
- What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter - a soothing, calming influence on the mind, rather like a good armchair which provides relaxation from physical fatigue.
[ Armchair Art Balance Calming Depressing Devoid Dream Fatigue Good Influence Matter Mind Physical Provides Purity Rather Relaxation Serenity Soothing Subject Troubling Which]
- Serenity is knowing that your worst shot is still pretty good.
[ Good Knowing Pretty Serenity Shot Still Worst Your]
- I have learned to like myself for the first time and to have some serenity.
[ First Learned Myself Serenity Some Time]
- Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people.
[ Absence Also Brought Come Condition Lasting Merely Mind Nations Only Peace Peaceful Relationship Serenity Soul State War]
- God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
[ Accept Cannot Change Courage Difference God Grant Know Serenity Things Wisdom]
- God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
[ Accept Cannot Change Changed Courage Distinguish Give God Grace Other Serenity Should Things Us Which Wisdom]
- The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.
[ Above Achievement Final Incongruity Life Requires Serenity Wisdom Within]
- I wouldn't know how to handle serenity if somebody handed it to me on a plate.
[ Handed Handle How Know Plate Serenity Somebody]
- Your days are short here; this is the last of your springs. And now in the serenity and quiet of this lovely place, touch the depths of truth, feel the hem of Heaven. You will go away with old, good friends. And don't forget when you leave why you came.
[ Away Came Days Depths Feel Forget Friends Go Good Heaven Hem Here Last Leave Lovely Now Old Place Quiet Serenity Short Springs Touch Truth Why Will Your]
- Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time; serenity, that nothing is.
[ Boredom Everything Feeling Nothing Serenity Time Waste]
- Journey with me to a true commitment to our environment. Journey with me to the serenity of leaving to our children a planet in equilibrium.
[ Children Commitment Environment Equilibrium Journey Leaving Our Planet Serenity True]
- In struggling against anguish one never produces serenity; the struggle against anguish only produces new forms of anguish.
[ Against Anguish Forms Never New Only Produces Serenity Struggle Struggling]