- I have always loved Scottish music - all sorts of Celtic, Gaelic music.
[ Always Celtic Gaelic Loved Music Scottish Sorts]
- The negative aspects of Scottish Nationalism are a kind of aggressive complacency, that sort of boasting; but that's an expression of insecurity, I think, of a lack of confidence.
[ Aggressive Aspects Boasting Complacency Confidence Expression Insecurity Kind Lack Nationalism Negative Scottish Sort Think]
- But you have to understand that I consider myself a very modest artist, or whatever, and not of importance really at all - it is quite embarrassing to me to be asked my opinion about things. I am only a wee Scottish poet on the outside of everything.
[ Am Artist Asked Consider Embarrassing Everything Importance Modest Myself Only Opinion Outside Poet Quite Really Scottish Things Understand Very Wee Whatever]
- There are things that Scotsmen get and other people don't get in the dialogue. Scottish characters can be pinpointed by a phrase, targeted very quickly.
[ Characters Dialogue Get Other Phrase Quickly Scottish Targeted Things Very]
- In the Scottish Orkneys, the little stone houses with their single large room and central hearth had an extraordinary range of built-in furniture.
[ Built-In Built-In Central Extraordinary Furniture Had Hearth Houses Large Little Range Room Scottish Single Stone Their]
- My Mother is Swedish and my Father is Scottish, he played for Charlton in the 1960's and was in the Army, he captained the British forces team. We then moved to S.A. because a lot of players did that at the time.
[ Army Because British Captained Charlton Did Father Forces Lot Mother Moved Played Players Scottish Swedish Team Then Time]
- My mother's background was Scottish. She came from an old family, some of whom lived in upper New York State and some of whom had come over from Scotland.
[ Background Came Come Family Had Lived Mother New Old Over Scotland Scottish She Some State Upper Whom York]
- It's quite a famous story that takes place on Christmas Eve, and the Germans, French, and Scottish are trying to make peace one night and they bury their dead and they play football. I play a German opera singer, in German, which I never have so I am really excited about that.
[ Am Bury Christmas Dead Eve Excited Famous Football French German Germans Make Never Night Opera Peace Place Play Quite Really Scottish Singer Story Takes Their Trying Which]
- When I am in the Scottish Parliament chamber, I often feel the need to sit for the entire debate. It's only courteous to listen to what everyone has to say, although I often find myself desperate to say something but too scared to stand up in case I regret it.
[ Although Am Case Chamber Courteous Debate Desperate Entire Everyone Feel Find Listen Myself Need Often Only Parliament Regret Say Scared Scottish Sit Something Stand Too Up]
- I'm fiercely proud to be Scottish.
[ Fiercely Proud Scottish]
- I think that Scottish people, like Canadians, are often misunderstood and what I like about my Scottish friends and relatives is how quickly it can go from love to anger. It's a great dynamic.
[ Anger Canadians Dynamic Friends Go Great How Love Misunderstood Often Quickly Relatives Scottish Think]
- My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.
[ Based Cuisine Dare Scottish Theory]
- Many miles away there's a shadow on the door of a cottage on the Shore of a dark Scottish lake.
[ Away Cottage Dark Door Lake Many Miles Scottish Shadow Shore]
- The establishment, the newspapers, they try to create something called Scottish literature, but when people are actually going to write, they are not going to necessarily prescribe to that, they'll write what they feel.
[ Actually Called Create Establishment Feel Going Literature Necessarily Newspapers Prescribe Scottish Something Try Write]