Stephen C. Johnson - I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.
[ Beautiful Come Either Heavy Labor Laden Never Plato Read Sayings Them Unto Very Wise Ye]
- The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages is preserved into perpetuity by a nation's proverbs, fables, folk sayings and quotations.
[ Ages Experience Fables Folk Into Nation Perpetuity Preserved Proverbs Quotations Sayings Wisdom Wise]
- Wise sayings often fall on barren ground, but a kind word is never thrown away.
[ Away Barren Fall Ground Kind Never Often Sayings Thrown Wise Word]
- The superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity and many deeds of the past, in order to strengthen his character thereby.
[ Antiquity Character Deeds Himself His Man Many Order Past Sayings Strengthen Superior Thereby]
- Many are called but few are chosen. There are sayings of Christ which suggest that the Church he came to establish will always be a minority affair.
[ Affair Always Called Came Chosen Christ Church Establish Few Many Minority Sayings Suggest Which Will]
- Of the sayings of Christ in the Synoptic Gospels that can be compared to those in the fourth Gospel, there are one or two which I venture to think can only have been recorded on the authority of St. John.
[ Authority Been Christ Compared Fourth Gospel Gospels John Only Recorded Sayings St Think Those Two Venture Which]
- A word of kindness is seldom spoken in vain, while witty sayings are as easily lost as the pearls slipping from a broken string.
[ Broken Easily Kindness Lost Pearls Sayings Seldom Slipping Spoken String Vain While Witty Word]
- Many good sayings are to be found in holy books, but merely reading them will not make one religious.
[ Books Found Good Holy Make Many Merely Reading Religious Sayings Them Will]
- There are two sayings that are familiar in every news room across the country: 1) sex sells; 2) if it bleeds it leads.
[ Across Bleeds Country Every Familiar Leads News Room Sayings Sells Sex Two]
- A moral lesson is better expressed in short sayings than in long discourse.
[ Better Discourse Expressed Lesson Long Moral Sayings Short Than]