Ed Markey - He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
[ Bravely Childish Desires God Harbor His Humanity Illusions Liberty Matter Must Renounce Worship]
Frederick Wiseman - Experience is a revelation in the light of which we renounce our errors of youth for those of age.
[ Age Errors Experience Light Our Renounce Revelation Those Which Youth]
- No one who has lived even for a fleeting moment for something other than life in its conventional sense and has experienced the exaltation that this feeling produces can then renounce his new freedom so easily.
[ Conventional Easily Even Exaltation Experienced Feeling Fleeting Freedom His Life Lived Moment New Other Produces Renounce Sense Something Than Then]
- Mr. Chamberlain desires to avert the threat to England's peace by making England, in alliance with Germany, stronger than her rivals and so to force them to renounce their hostile intentions against her.
[ Against Alliance Avert Chamberlain Desires England Force Germany Her Hostile Intentions Making Mr Peace Renounce Rivals Stronger Than Their Them Threat]
- Sarcasm I now see to be, in general, the language of the devil; for which reason I have long since as good as renounced it.
[ Devil General Good Language Long Now Reason Renounced Sarcasm See Since Which]
- Those who desire to rise as high as our human condition allows, must renounce intellectual pride, the omnipotence of clear thinking, belief in the absolute power of logic.
[ Absolute Allows Belief Clear Condition Desire High Human Intellectual Logic Must Omnipotence Our Power Pride Renounce Rise Thinking Those]
- It was in our power to cause the Arab governments to renounce the policy of strength toward Israel by turning it into a demonstration of weakness.
[ Arab Cause Demonstration Governments Into Israel Our Policy Power Renounce Strength Toward Turning Weakness]
- The U.S. must renounce any U.S. interest in constructing permanent U.S. military bases in Iraq.
[ Any Bases Constructing Interest Iraq Military Must Permanent Renounce]
- The strongest are those who renounce their own times and become a living part of those yet to come. The strongest and the rarest.
[ Become Come Living Own Part Rarest Renounce Strongest Their Those Times Yet]
- It is too great comfort which turns a man against himself. Life is most readily renounced at the time and among the classes where it is least harsh.
[ Against Among Classes Comfort Great Harsh Himself Least Life Man Most Readily Renounced Time Too Turns Where Which]
- You all know the reasons which have impelled me to renounce the throne. But I want you to understand that in making up my mind I did not forget the country or the empire, which, as Prince of Wales and lately as King, I have for twenty-five years tried to serve.
[ Country Did Empire Forget Impelled King Know Lately Making Mind Prince Reasons Renounce Serve Throne Tried Twenty-Five Understand Up Wales Want Which Years]
- A man will renounce any pleasures you like but he will not give up his suffering.
[ Any Give His Man Pleasures Renounce Suffering Up Will]
- The best people renounce all for one goal, the eternal fame of mortals; but most people stuff themselves like cattle.
[ Best Cattle Eternal Fame Goal Mortals Most Renounce Stuff Themselves]
- We have become aware of the responsibility for our attitude towards the dark pages in our history. We have understood that bad service is done to the nation by those who are impelling to renounce that past.
[ Attitude Aware Bad Become Dark Done History Nation Our Pages Past Renounce Responsibility Service Those Towards Understood]
- You must renounce all superficiality, all convention, all vanity and delusion.
[ Convention Delusion Must Renounce Superficiality Vanity]
- I courted fame but as a spur to brave and honest deeds; who despises fame will soon renounce the virtues that deserve it.
[ Brave Courted Deeds Deserve Despises Fame Honest Renounce Soon Spur Virtues Will]
- Great dislike to the Bible was shown by those who conversed with me about it, and several have remarked to me, at different times, that if it were not for that book, Catholics would never be led to renounce their own faith.
[ Bible Book Catholics Different Dislike Faith Great Led Never Own Remarked Renounce Several Shown Their Those Times Were Would]
- I would finally renounce my delusional hypotheses and revert to thinking of myself as a human of more conventional circumstances and return to mathematical research.
[ Circumstances Conventional Delusional Finally Human Hypotheses Mathematical More Myself Renounce Research Return Revert Thinking Would]
- After the end of the Second World War it was a categorical imperative for us to declare that we renounced war forever in a central article of the new Constitution.
[ After Article Central Constitution Declare End Forever Imperative New Renounced Second Us War World]
- In order to remain true to oneself one ought to renounce one's party three times a day.
[ Day Oneself Order Ought Party Remain Renounce Three Times True]
- Japan is the only country in the world to have suffered the ravages of atomic bombing. That experience left an indelible mark on the hearts of our people, making them passionately determined to renounce all wars.
[ Atomic Bombing Country Determined Experience Hearts Indelible Japan Left Making Mark Only Our Passionately Ravages Renounce Suffered Them Wars World]
- I never was very capable of expressing my feelings or emotions in words. I don't know whether this is the cause why I did it in music and also why I did it in painting. Or vice versa: That I had this way as an outlet. I could renounce expressing something in words.
[ Also Capable Cause Could Did Emotions Expressing Feelings Had Know Music Never Outlet Painting Renounce Something Versa Very Vice Way Whether Why Words]
- Crave for a thing, you will get it. Renounce the craving, the object will follow you by itself.
[ Crave Craving Follow Get Itself Object Renounce Thing Will]
- We need not renounce the use of conventional force. We will be ready to repel any clear and present danger that poses a genuine threat to our national security and survival.
[ Any Clear Conventional Danger Force Genuine National Need Our Poses Present Ready Renounce Repel Security Survival Threat Use Will]
- My door will always be open to those who genuinely renounce violence and seek peaceful accommodation into our nascent democracy.
[ Accommodation Always Democracy Door Genuinely Into Nascent Open Our Peaceful Renounce Seek Those Violence Will]
- If it is the mark of the artist to love art before everything, to renounce everything for its sake, to think all the sweet human things of life well lost if only he may attain something, do some good, great work - then I was never an artist.
[ Art Artist Attain Before Everything Good Great Human Life Lost Love Mark May Never Only Renounce Sake Some Something Sweet Then Things Think Well Work]
- I am not a Catholic; but I consider the Christian idea, which has its roots in Greek thought and in the course of the centuries has nourished all of our European civilization, as something that one cannot renounce without becoming degraded.
[ Am Becoming Cannot Catholic Centuries Christian Civilization Consider Course Degraded European Greek Idea Nourished Our Renounce Roots Something Thought Which Without]