Michelle Trachtenberg - The camera relieves us of the burden of memory. It surveys us like God, and it surveys for us. Yet no other god has been so cynical, for the camera records in order to forget.
[ Been Burden Camera Cynical Forget God Memory Order Other Records Relieves Surveys Us Yet]
- Essays, entitled critical, are epistles addressed to the public, through which the mind of the recluse relieves itself of its impressions.
[ Addressed Critical Entitled Epistles Essays Impressions Itself Mind Public Recluse Relieves Through Which]
- Laughter relieves us of superfluous energy, which, if it remained unused, might become negative, that is, poison. Laughter is the antidote.
[ Antidote Become Energy Laughter Might Negative Poison Relieves Remained Superfluous Unused Us Which]
- They act as if they supposed that to be very sanguine about the general improvement of mankind is a virtue that relieves them from taking trouble about any improvement in particular.
[ Act Any General Improvement Mankind Particular Relieves Sanguine Supposed Taking Them Trouble Very Virtue]
- Teens think listening to music helps them concentrate. It doesn't. It relieves them of the boredom that concentration on homework induces.
[ Boredom Concentrate Concentration Helps Homework Induces Listening Music Relieves Teens Them Think]
- People without firmness of character love to make up a fate for themselves; that relieves them of the necessity of having their own will and of taking responsibility for themselves.
[ Character Fate Firmness Having Love Make Necessity Own Relieves Responsibility Taking Their Them Themselves Up Will Without]
- In the game of life, it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.
[ Early Few Game Good Idea Life Losses Maintain Pressure Relieves Season Trying Undefeated Which]
- Much is forgiven anyone who relieves the desperate boredom of the working press.
[ Anyone Boredom Desperate Forgiven Much Press Relieves Working]
- The general statement that the mental faculties are class concepts, belonging to descriptive psychology, relieves us of the necessity of discussing them and their significance at the present stage of our inquiry.
[ Belonging Class Concepts Descriptive Discussing Faculties General Inquiry Mental Necessity Our Present Psychology Relieves Significance Stage Statement Their Them Us]