Luis Cernuda - A racially integrated community is a chronological term timed from the entrance of the first black family to the exit of the last white family.
[ Black Chronological Community Entrance Exit Family First Integrated Last Racially Term Timed White]
- Extremists and populist movements are exploiting people's fear of those who are not like us. We can see the consequences in the form of terrorism and racially motivated violence.
[ Consequences Exploiting Extremists Fear Form Motivated Movements Populist Racially See Terrorism Those Us Violence]
- I always felt like the rug could be pulled out from under me at anytime. And coming from a racially mixed background, I always felt like I didn't really fit in anywhere.
[ Always Anytime Anywhere Background Coming Could Felt Fit Mixed Out Pulled Racially Really Rug Under]
- During the decades after Brown v. Board of Education there was terrific progress. Tens of thousands of public schools were integrated racially. During that time the gap between black and white achievement narrowed.
[ Achievement After Between Black Board Brown Decades During Education Gap Integrated Narrowed Progress Public Racially Schools Tens Terrific Thousands Time Were White]
- I saw how many people were poor and how many kids my age went to school hungry in the morning, which I don't think most of my contemporaries in racially segregated schools in the South thought very much about at the time.
[ Age Contemporaries How Hungry Kids Many Morning Most Much Poor Racially Saw School Schools Segregated South Think Thought Time Very Went Were Which]
- In the Brown decision, the United States Supreme Court unanimously struck down the legal and moral footing of racially segregated public education in this country.
[ Brown Country Court Decision Down Education Footing Legal Moral Public Racially Segregated States Struck Supreme Unanimously United]
- I went to public schools, and while Gary was, like most American cities, racially segregated, it was at least socially integrated - a cross section of children from families of all walks of life.
[ American Children Cities Cross Families Gary Integrated Least Life Most Public Racially Schools Section Segregated Socially Walks Went While]
- Mine has been a concern for the people, a concern to maintain stability, a concern to get people working together racially, ethnically, rich and poor - all segments of the city.
[ Been City Concern Ethnically Get Maintain Mine Poor Racially Rich Segments Stability Together Working]