- The world perishes not from bandits and fires, but from hatred, hostility, and all these petty squabbles.
[ Bandits Fires Hatred Hostility Perishes Petty These World]
- Whither depart the souls of the brave that die in the battle, Die in the lost, lost fight, for the cause that perishes with them?
[ Battle Brave Cause Depart Die Fight Lost Perishes Souls Them Whither]
- I am the family face; flesh perishes, I live on.
[ Am Face Family Flesh Live Perishes]
- Property is unstable, and youth perishes in a moment. Life itself is held in the grinning fangs of Death, Yet men delay to obtain release from the world. Alas, the conduct of mankind is surprising.
[ Alas Conduct Death Delay Fangs Grinning Held Itself Life Mankind Men Moment Obtain Perishes Property Release Surprising Unstable World Yet Youth]
- That which prematurely arrives at perfection soon perishes.
[ Arrives Perfection Perishes Prematurely Soon Which]
- When a nation goes down, or a society perishes, one condition may always be found; they forgot where they came from. They lost sight of what had brought them along.
[ Along Always Brought Came Condition Down Forgot Found Goes Had Lost May Nation Perishes Sight Society Them Where]
- If the Great Way perishes there will morality and duty. When cleverness and knowledge arise great lies will flourish. When relatives fall out with one another there will be filial duty and love. When states are in confusion there will be faithful servants.
[ Another Arise Cleverness Confusion Duty Faithful Fall Filial Flourish Great Knowledge Lies Love Morality Out Perishes Relatives Servants States Way Will]