- It's always the generals with the bloodiest records who are the first to shout what a hell it is. And it's always the war widows who lead the Memorial Day parades.
[ Always Bloodiest Day First Generals Hell Lead Memorial Parades Records Shout War Widows]
- It is unacceptable that disabled veterans in Illinois rank at the bottom of the list when it comes to disability pay. We owe our disabled veterans more than speeches, parades and monuments.
[ Bottom Comes Disability Disabled Illinois List Monuments More Our Owe Parades Pay Rank Speeches Than Unacceptable Veterans]
- Now you watch the parades and processions of hopeful and despairing people walking outside your tomb. They are all looking for the answer to the problem you know so well.
[ Answer Despairing Hopeful Know Looking Now Outside Parades Problem Tomb Walking Watch Well Your]
- I want to be so famous that drag queens will dress like me in parades when I'm dead.
[ Dead Drag Dress Famous Parades Queens Want Will]
- I'm one of those old-fashioned homosexuals, not one of the newfangled ones who are born joining parades.
[ Born Homosexuals Joining Old-Fashioned Ones Parades Those]
- I rode on a float in one of the parades in Mississippi. It's an experience.
[ Experience Float Mississippi Parades Rode]
- When you're on top and you lead the parade, everyone's there throwing lilies and lilac water on your head. But when those parades have gone by and there's a storm in your heart, there are very few people that are going to sit there and listen to you bemoan life.
[ Everyone Few Going Gone Head Heart Lead Life Lilies Listen Parade Parades Sit Storm Those Throwing Top Very Water Your]
- Everybody now seems to be talking about democracy. I don't understand this. As I think of it, democracy isn't like a Sunday suit to be brought out and worn only for parades. It's the kind of a life a decent man leads, it's something to live for and to die for.
[ Brought Decent Democracy Die Everybody Kind Leads Life Live Man Now Only Out Parades Seems Something Suit Sunday Talking Think Understand Worn]
- When the soldiers came home from Vietnam, there were no parades, no celebrations. So they built the Vietnam Memorial for themselves.
[ Built Came Celebrations Home Memorial Parades Soldiers Themselves Vietnam Were]