- The office has oversight of people who do analysis and oversight of people who do operations, but it is not charged with doing either. That is an important point to make. Those functions are performed by the CIA, DIA and other agencies.
[ Agencies Analysis Charged Cia Doing Either Functions Important Make Office Operations Other Oversight Performed Point Those]
- And I have been campaigning for the past three months trying to get the Senate Judiciary Committee that has the oversight authority and responsibility to start its own public hearings.
[ Authority Been Campaigning Committee Get Hearings Judiciary Months Oversight Own Past Public Responsibility Senate Start Three Trying]
- When governments become large, voters cannot exercise close oversight, otherwise known as political power.
[ Become Cannot Close Exercise Governments Known Large Otherwise Oversight Political Power Voters]
- I believe that successfully addressing our national security needs while protecting our basic freedoms and civil liberties requires continual Congressional oversight, and I will continue to work to assert the role of this body in carrying out this grave responsibility.
[ Addressing Assert Basic Believe Body Carrying Civil Congressional Continual Continue Freedoms Grave Liberties National Needs Our Out Oversight Protecting Requires Responsibility Role Security Successfully While Will Work]
- I think that together the church has learned a lot, and as we know from our own oversight board, the involvement of our wonderful lay leaders has been a real grace.
[ Been Board Church Grace Involvement Know Lay Leaders Learned Lot Our Oversight Own Real Think Together Wonderful]
- TSA serves as the operator, administrator and regulator for the nation's transportation security. But in fact, the TSA bureaucracy does all it can to thwart any conversion to a system with more private-sector operations and strong federal oversight and standards. This agency cannot, and should not, do it all.
[ Administrator Agency Any Bureaucracy Cannot Conversion Does Fact Federal More Nation Operations Operator Oversight Regulator Security Serves Should Standards Strong System Thwart Transportation]
- We are on the lookout for criminal and terrorist activity but we do not - nor will we ever - monitor ideology or political beliefs. We take seriously our responsibility to protect the civil rights and liberties of the American people, including subjecting our activities to rigorous oversight from numerous internal and external sources.
[ Activities Activity American Beliefs Civil Criminal Ever External Ideology Including Internal Liberties Lookout Monitor Nor Numerous Our Oversight Political Protect Responsibility Rights Rigorous Seriously Sources Subjecting Take]
- In the absence of sound oversight,responsible businesses are forced to compete against unscrupulous and underhanded businesses, who are unencumbered by any restrictions on activities that might harm the environment, or take advantage of middle-class families, or threaten to bring down the entire financial system.
[ Absence Activities Advantage Against Any Bring Businesses Compete Down Entire Environment Families Financial Forced Harm Middle-Class Might Oversight Responsible Restrictions Sound System Take Threaten Unscrupulous]
- Hopefully, at some point, people will at least credit the Republicans with carrying out their oversight responsibilities and with pursuing a principled course of action even in the face of everyone's short-attention spans.
[ Action Carrying Course Credit Even Everyone Face Hopefully Least Out Oversight Point Principled Pursuing Republicans Responsibilities Some Spans Their Will]
- The real problem today is the ineffective and inconsistent oversight of professional boxing, which has led to continuing scandals, controversies, unethical practices, and unnecessary injuries and deaths in the sport.
[ Boxing Continuing Controversies Deaths Inconsistent Ineffective Injuries Led Oversight Practices Problem Professional Real Scandals Sport Today Unethical Unnecessary Which]
- Uncontrolled access to data, with no audit trail of activity and no oversight would be going too far. This applies to both commercial and government use of data about people.
[ Access Activity Applies Audit Both Commercial Data Far Going Government Oversight Too Trail Uncontrolled Use Would]