- I don't think radio is selling records like they used to. They'd hawk the song and hawk the artist and you'd get so excited, you'd stop your car and go into the nearest record store.
[ Artist Car Excited Get Go Hawk Into Nearest Radio Record Records Selling Song Stop Store Think Used Your]
- If Jesus Christ came back today, He and I would get into our brown corduroys and go to the nearest jean store and overturn the racks of blue denim.
[ Back Blue Brown Came Christ Get Go Into Jean Jesus Nearest Our Overturn Store Today Would]
- Let me tell you something: if you're on an island for three and a half months and you're four and a half hours by boat from the nearest store, and there's nobody but 30 crew members on the island, I guarantee that you'd be running around without your clothes on.
[ Around Boat Clothes Crew Four Guarantee Half Hours Island Members Months Nearest Nobody Running Something Store Tell Three Without Your]
- If reason is a universal faculty, the decision of the common mind is the nearest criterion of truth.
[ Common Criterion Decision Faculty Mind Nearest Reason Truth Universal]
- But what do we know of the heart nearest to our own? What do we know of our own heart?
[ Heart Know Nearest Our Own]
- To whom, then, must I dedicate my wonderful, surprising and interesting adventures? to whom dare I reveal my private opinion of my nearest relations? the secret thoughts of my dearest friends? my own hopes, fears, reflections and dislikes? Nobody!
[ Adventures Dare Dearest Dedicate Dislikes Fears Friends Hopes Interesting Must Nearest Nobody Opinion Own Private Reflections Relations Reveal Secret Surprising Then Thoughts Whom Wonderful]
- The nearest approach to immortality on earth is a government bureau.
[ Approach Bureau Earth Government Immortality Nearest]
- The fact is that my wife if she had common sense would have more power over me than any other whatsoever, for my heart always alights upon the nearest perch.
[ Always Any Common Fact Had Heart More Nearest Other Over Power Sense She Than Upon Whatsoever Wife Would]
- At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom.
[ Always Bathroom Closest Death Dinner Formal Nearest Party Person Seated Should]
- Do the duty which lies nearest to you, the second duty will then become clearer.
[ Become Clearer Duty Lies Nearest Second Then Which Will]
- After a prosperous, but to me very wearisome, voyage, we came at last into port. Immediately on landing I got together my few effects; and, squeezing myself through the crowd, went into the nearest and humblest inn which first met my gaze.
[ After Came Crowd Effects Few First Gaze Got Humblest Immediately Inn Into Landing Last Met Myself Nearest Port Prosperous Squeezing Through Together Very Voyage Wearisome Went Which]
- An aged Christian, with the snow of time upon his head, may remind us that those points of earth are whitest which are nearest to heaven.
[ Aged Christian Earth Head Heaven His May Nearest Points Remind Snow Those Time Upon Us Which]
- Call it vanity, call it arrogant presumption, call it what you wish, but I would grope for the nearest open grave if I had no newspaper to work for, no need to search for and sometimes find the winged word that just fits, no keen wonder over what each unfolding day may bring.
[ Arrogant Bring Call Day Each Find Fits Grave Grope Had Just Keen May Nearest Need Newspaper Open Over Presumption Search Sometimes Unfolding Vanity Winged Wish Wonder Word Work Would]
- The nearest we have to a Henry James or an Edith Wharton of the East Coast's Wasp upper classes.
[ Classes Coast East Edith Henry James Nearest Upper Wasp]
- Well, I was born in El Paso, Texas, it was in the nearest hospital to the family farm.
[ Born El Family Farm Hospital Nearest Texas Well]
- The house a woman creates is a Utopia. She can't help it - can't help trying to interest her nearest and dearest not in happiness itself but in the search for it.
[ Creates Dearest Happiness Help Her House Interest Itself Nearest Search She Trying Utopia Woman]
- On my return to Cornwall I discovered that I was living in a tropical paradise. For now I am content to explore my own home and our nearest neighbour France.
[ Am Content Cornwall Discovered Explore France Home Living Nearest Neighbour Now Our Own Paradise Return Tropical]
- Truly, it is in darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest of all to us.
[ Darkness Finds Light Nearest Sorrow Then Truly Us]
- Rounding to the nearest cent is sufficiently accurate for practical purposes.
[ Accurate Cent Nearest Practical Purposes Rounding Sufficiently]
- Well, between Scotch and nothin', I suppose I'd take Scotch. It's the nearest thing to good moonshine I can find.
[ Between Find Good Moonshine Nearest Nothin Scotch Suppose Take Thing Well]
- A good friend is my nearest relation.
[ Friend Good Nearest Relation]
- Taking a child to the toy store is the nearest thing to a death wish parents can have.
[ Child Death Nearest Parents Store Taking Thing Toy Wish]
- This avidity alone, of acquiring goods and possessions for ourselves and our nearest friends, is insatiable, perpetual, universal, and directly destructive of society.
[ Acquiring Alone Destructive Directly Friends Goods Insatiable Nearest Our Ourselves Perpetual Possessions Society Universal]
- After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
[ After Comes Expressing Inexpressible Music Nearest Silence Which]
- We can never know for certain where our prayers are likely to go, nor from whom the answers will come. Just when we think we are at our nearest to God, we could be assisting the Devil.
[ Answers Assisting Certain Come Could Devil Go God Just Know Likely Nearest Never Nor Our Prayers Think Where Whom Will]
- I'm not feeling very well - I need a doctor immediately. Ring the nearest golf course.
[ Course Doctor Feeling Golf Immediately Nearest Need Ring Very Well]
- If I were dropped out of a plane into the ocean and told the nearest land was a thousand miles away, I'd still swim. And I'd despise the one who gave up.
[ Away Despise Dropped Gave Into Land Miles Nearest Ocean Out Plane Still Swim Thousand Told Up Were]
- In the time of darkest defeat, victory may be nearest.
[ Darkest Defeat May Nearest Time Victory]
- The nearest the modern general or admiral comes to a small-arms encounter of any sort is at a duck hunt in the company of corporation executives at the retreat of Continental Motors, Inc.
[ Admiral Any Comes Company Continental Corporation Duck Encounter Executives General Hunt Inc Modern Motors Nearest Retreat Sort]
- No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!
[ Actually Bureau Disappear Earth Eternal Ever Government Itself Launched Life Nearest Never Once Programs Reduces See Size Thing Voluntarily]
- Later, in the early teens, I used to ride my bike every Saturday morning to the nearest airport, ten miles away, push airplanes in and out of the hangars, and clean up the hangars.
[ Airplanes Airport Away Bike Clean Early Every Later Miles Morning Nearest Out Push Ride Saturday Teens Ten Up Used]
- It was the nearest to a casualty on the Spray in her whole course, so far as I know. The young man having come on board with compliments made the mishap most embarrassing.
[ Board Casualty Come Compliments Course Embarrassing Far Having Her Know Made Man Mishap Most Nearest Spray Whole Young]
- It seems to be that southern Europeans are just more intimate socially, whereas I like a lot of personal space - like, a mile from the nearest person is fine for me.
[ Europeans Fine Intimate Just Lot Mile More Nearest Person Personal Seems Socially Southern Space Whereas]
- We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
[ Come Great Humility Nearest]
- The nearest figure to myself would be Shakespeare.
[ Figure Myself Nearest Shakespeare Would]
- Success in life is founded upon attention to the small things rather than to the large things; to the every day things nearest to us rather than to the things that are remote and uncommon.
[ Attention Day Every Founded Large Life Nearest Rather Remote Small Success Than Things Uncommon Upon Us]
- The Court is most vulnerable and comes nearest to illegitimacy when it deals with judge-made constitutional law having little or no cognizable roots in the language or design of the Constitution.
[ Comes Constitution Constitutional Court Deals Design Having Language Law Little Most Nearest Roots Vulnerable]