- Football is a game designed to keep coal miners off the streets.
[ Coal Designed Football Game Keep Miners Off Streets]
- The business manager was doing fine back in his office while they were out on the line, hungry. And, so they started to see a lot of that and there was, that maybe the leadership had its own cause. More so than the miners, you know, it was like a power struggle.
[ Back Business Cause Doing Fine Had His Hungry Know Leadership Line Lot Manager Maybe Miners More Office Out Own Power See Started Struggle Than Were While]
- Life comes to the miners out of their deaths, and death out of their lives.
[ Comes Death Deaths Life Lives Miners Out Their]
- The strike of the miners in Arizona was one of the most remarkable strikes in the history of the American labor movement. Its peaceful character, its successful outcome, were due to that most remarkable character, Governor Hunt.
[ American Arizona Character Due Governor History Hunt Labor Miners Most Movement Outcome Peaceful Remarkable Strike Strikes Successful Were]
- The miners lost because they had only the constitution. The other side had bayonets. In the end, bayonets always win.
[ Always Bayonets Because Constitution End Had Lost Miners Only Other Side Win]
- All too often miners, and indeed other trade unionists, underestimate the economic strength they have.
[ Economic Indeed Miners Often Other Strength Too Trade Underestimate Unionists]
- I think of doing a series as very hard work. But then I've talked to coal miners, and that's really hard work.
[ Coal Doing Hard Miners Really Series Talked Then Think Very Work]
- My mother listened to all the news from the camp during the strike. She said little, especially when my father or the men who worked for him were about I remember her instinctive and unhesitating sympathy for the miners.
[ Camp During Especially Father Her Him Instinctive Listened Little Men Miners Mother News Remember Said She Strike Sympathy Were Worked]
- But at the same time I went down into the mines with working miners who are still young men, younger than I am, who are aware that their working life is coming to an end and they feel suddenly cut off.
[ Am Aware Coming Cut Down End Feel Into Life Men Miners Mines Off Same Still Suddenly Than Their Time Went Working Young Younger]
- My father and brothers were coal miners.
[ Brothers Coal Father Miners Were]