- The fight is never about grapes or lettuce. It is always about people.
[ Always Fight Grapes Lettuce Never]
- We don't need a melting pot in this country, folks. We need a salad bowl. In a salad bowl, you put in the different things. You want the vegetables - the lettuce, the cucumbers, the onions, the green peppers - to maintain their identity. You appreciate differences.
[ Appreciate Bowl Country Differences Different Folks Green Identity Lettuce Maintain Melting Need Onions Peppers Pot Put Salad Their Things Vegetables Want]
- Feed the lettuce to the bunny and eat the bunny.
[ Bunny Eat Feed Lettuce]
- It is said that the effect of eating too much lettuce is 'soporific'.
[ Eating Effect Lettuce Much Said Too]
- It's pronounced 'Romaine,' like the lettuce.
[ Lettuce Pronounced]
- Lettuce is like conversation; it must be fresh and crisp, so sparkling that you scarcely notice the bitter in it.
[ Bitter Conversation Crisp Fresh Lettuce Must Notice Scarcely Sparkling]