- Medicine, the only profession that labors incessantly to destroy the reason for its existence.
[ Destroy Existence Incessantly Labors Medicine Only Profession Reason]
- Unless man is committed to the belief that all mankind are his brothers, then he labors in vain and hypocritically in the vineyards of equality.
[ Belief Brothers Committed Equality His Labors Man Mankind Then Unless Vain]
- The progress of freedom depends more upon the maintenance of peace, the spread of commerce, and the diffusion of education, than upon the labors of cabinets and foreign offices.
[ Commerce Depends Diffusion Education Foreign Freedom Labors Maintenance More Offices Peace Progress Spread Than Upon]
- Thus they have an idol that they petition for victory in war; another for success in their labors; and so for everything in which they seek or desire prosperity, they have their idols, which they honor and serve.
[ Another Desire Everything Honor Idol Idols Labors Petition Prosperity Seek Serve Success Their Thus Victory War Which]
- Try as hard as we may for perfection, the net result of our labors is an amazing variety of imperfectness. We are surprised at our own versatility in being able to fail in so many different ways.
[ Able Amazing Being Different Fail Hard Labors Many May Net Our Own Perfection Result Surprised Try Variety Versatility Ways]
- It is easier to lead men to combat, stirring up their passion, than to restrain them and direct them toward the patient labors of peace.
[ Combat Direct Easier Labors Lead Men Passion Patient Peace Restrain Stirring Than Their Them Toward Up]
- I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
[ Americans Care Future Government Happiness Labors Predict Pretense Prevent Taking Them Under Wasting]
- My stars and my stripes are your dream and your labors.
[ Dream Labors Stars Stripes Your]
- You will be courteous to your elders who have explored to the point from which you may advance; and helpful to your juniors who will progress farther by reason of your labors.
[ Advance Courteous Elders Explored Farther Helpful Juniors Labors May Point Progress Reason Which Will Your]
- I have always tried to hide my efforts and wished my works to have a light joyousness of springtime which never lets anyone suspect the labors it has cost me.
[ Always Anyone Cost Efforts Hide Joyousness Labors Lets Light Never Springtime Suspect Tried Which Wished Works]
- He who labors diligently need never despair; for all things are accomplished by diligence and labor.
[ Accomplished Despair Diligence Diligently Labor Labors Need Never Things]
- Men, even when alone, lighten their labors by song, however rude it may be.
[ Alone Even However Labors Lighten May Men Rude Song Their]
- No true and permanent fame can be founded except in labors which promote the happiness of mankind.
[ Except Fame Founded Happiness Labors Mankind Permanent Promote True Which]
- Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves.
[ Complexity Eliminating Labors Life Needless Reduce Themselves Wants]
- As long as man labors for a physical existence, though an act of necessity almost, he is yet natural; it is life, though that of this world, for which he instinctively works.
[ Act Almost Existence Instinctively Labors Life Long Man Natural Necessity Physical Though Which Works World Yet]
- The fruits of all our labors have left us as we started. To grow without is not to grow within.
[ Fruits Grow Labors Left Our Started Us Within Without]