- Based on assessment of all available information and following several expert consultations, I have decided to raise the current level of influenza pandemic alert from phase 4 to phase 5.
[ Alert Assessment Available Based Current Decided Expert Following Influenza Information Level Pandemic Phase Raise Several]
- For the first time in history we can track the evolution of a pandemic in real time. Influenza viruses are notorious for their rapid mutation and unpredictable behaviour.
[ Behaviour Evolution First History Influenza Mutation Notorious Pandemic Rapid Real Their Time Track Unpredictable Viruses]
- Influenza pandemics must be taken seriously, precisely because of their capacity to spread rapidly to every country in the world.
[ Because Capacity Country Every Influenza Must Precisely Rapidly Seriously Spread Taken Their World]
- The avian influenza found in mainland British Columbia poses no significant threat to human health.
[ British Columbia Found Health Human Influenza Mainland Poses Significant Threat]
- Measles and TB evolved from diseases of our cattle, influenza from a disease of pigs, and smallpox possibly from a disease of camels. The Americas had very few native domesticated animal species from which humans could acquire such diseases.
[ Acquire Americas Animal Camels Cattle Could Disease Diseases Domesticated Evolved Few Had Humans Influenza Measles Native Our Pigs Possibly Smallpox Species Such Tb Very Which]
- Influenza is a serious disease. Kids die of influenza, both in Japan and the United States, and if you give a drug to people who are at risk of dying, there will be people who die who got the drug,... There is no signal the drug is doing it as opposed to the disease.
[ Both Die Disease Doing Dying Give Got Influenza Japan Kids Opposed Risk Serious Signal States United Will]
- My father, who had previously been a civil engineer, died in the great influenza epidemic of 1918.
[ Been Civil Died Engineer Epidemic Father Great Had Influenza Previously]
- It is perfectly obvious that no one nor any single country can save the world from the horrors of tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes and winged influenza.
[ Any Country Earthquakes Horrors Hurricanes Influenza Nor Obvious Perfectly Save Single Winged World]