- In the perception of the incongruous stimuli, the recognition process is temporarily thwarted and exhibits characteristics which are generally not observable in the recognition of more conventional stimuli.
[ Characteristics Conventional Exhibits Generally Incongruous More Observable Perception Process Recognition Stimuli Temporarily Thwarted Which]
- But human experience is usually paradoxical, that means incongruous with the phrases of current talk or even current philosophy.
[ Current Even Experience Human Incongruous Means Paradoxical Philosophy Phrases Talk Usually]
- Upon the clothes behind the tenement, That hang like ghosts suspended from the lines, Linking each flat, but to each indifferent, Incongruous and strange the moonlight shines.
[ Behind Clothes Each Flat Ghosts Hang Incongruous Indifferent Lines Linking Moonlight Shines Strange Suspended Upon]
- Music creates order out of chaos: for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous.
[ Chaos Compatibility Continuity Creates Disjointed Divergent Harmony Imposes Incongruous Melody Music Order Out Rhythm Unanimity Upon]
- A satirist is a man whose flesh creeps so at the ugly and the savage and the incongruous aspects of society that he has to express them as brutally and nakedly as possible in order to get relief.
[ Aspects Brutally Creeps Express Flesh Get Incongruous Man Order Possible Relief Satirist Savage Society Them Ugly Whose]
- A great philosopher has stated that the worst evil of poverty is, that it makes folks ridiculous; by which, I hope, he only means that, as in the above case, it places them in incongruous positions.
[ Above Case Evil Folks Great Hope Incongruous Makes Means Only Philosopher Places Positions Poverty Ridiculous Stated Them Which Worst]
- The taste for quotations (and for the juxtaposition of incongruous quotations) is a Surrealist taste.
[ Incongruous Juxtaposition Quotations Surrealist Taste]
- I have suffered a great deal from writers who have quoted this or that sentence of mine either out of its context or in juxtaposition to some incongruous matter which quite distorted my meaning, or destroyed it altogether.
[ Altogether Context Deal Destroyed Distorted Either Great Incongruous Juxtaposition Matter Meaning Mine Out Quite Quoted Sentence Some Suffered Which Writers]