- I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'
[ Am Convinced Creature Cries Dangerous Ever Few Give Grasping Grave Man Many More Power Vested Whether]
- Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.
[ Beware Grasping Lest Lose Shadow Substance]
- Beware that you do not lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.
[ Beware Grasping Lose Shadow Substance]
- Dishonesty is so grasping it would deceive God himself, were it possible.
[ Deceive Dishonesty God Grasping Himself Possible Were Would]
- One can live in the shadow of an idea without grasping it.
[ Grasping Idea Live Shadow Without]
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
[ Anger Burned Coal Else Gets Grasping Holding Hot Intent Someone Throwing]
- You can free yourself from aging by reinterpreting your body and by grasping the link between belief and biology.
[ Aging Belief Between Biology Body Free Grasping Link Your Yourself]
- Moving between the legs of tables and of chairs, rising or falling, grasping at kisses and toys, advancing boldly, sudden to take alarm, retreating to the corner of arm and knee, eager to be reassured, taking pleasure in the fragrant brilliance of the Christmas tree.
[ Advancing Alarm Arm Between Boldly Brilliance Chairs Christmas Corner Eager Falling Fragrant Grasping Kisses Knee Legs Moving Pleasure Reassured Retreating Rising Sudden Tables Take Taking Toys Tree]
- Radical simply means "grasping things at the root."
[ Grasping Means Radical Root Simply Things]
- Memory depends very much on the perspicuity, regularity, and order of our thoughts. Many complain of the want of memory, when the defect is in the judgment; and others, by grasping at all, retain nothing.
[ Complain Defect Depends Grasping Judgment Many Memory Much Nothing Order Others Our Regularity Retain Thoughts Very Want]
- The face of nature and civilization in this our country is to a certain point a very sufficient literary field. But it will yield its secrets only to a really grasping imagination. To write well and worthily of American things one need even more than elsewhere to be a master.
[ American Certain Civilization Country Elsewhere Even Face Field Grasping Imagination Literary Master More Nature Need Only Our Point Really Secrets Sufficient Than Things Very Well Will Worthily Write Yield]
- If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe.
[ Am Because Believe Cannot Capable God Grasping Must Objectively Precisely]
- All species capable of grasping this fact manage better in the struggle for existence than those which rely upon their own strength alone: the wolf, which hunts in a pack, has a greater chance of survival than the lion, which hunts alone.
[ Alone Better Capable Chance Existence Fact Grasping Greater Hunts Lion Manage Own Pack Rely Species Strength Struggle Survival Than Their Those Upon Which Wolf]
- It was my dream that I had clenched in a fist of discontent and wouldn't release. But time had now pried every finger open. There is peace in an open and upraised hand that isn't grasping for anything.
[ Anything Clenched Discontent Dream Every Finger Fist Grasping Had Hand Now Open Peace Pried Release Time]
- Wherefore the mere practical architect is not able to assign sufficient reasons for the forms he adopts; and the theoretic architect also fails, grasping the shadow instead of the substance.
[ Able Adopts Also Architect Assign Fails Forms Grasping Instead Mere Practical Reasons Shadow Substance Sufficient Theoretic Wherefore]
- I think we lost a great deal of sympathy and support with the way in which the crisis was handled, most importantly I think when we appeared to be grasping for too much at one time instead of identifying our priorities in a much more responsible fashion.
[ Appeared Crisis Deal Fashion Grasping Great Handled Identifying Importantly Instead Lost More Most Much Our Priorities Responsible Support Sympathy Think Time Too Way Which]