- By gnawing through a dike, even a rat may drown a nation.
[ Drown Even Gnawing May Nation Rat Through]
- I don't have any gnawing guilt over contributing to any unhappiness suffered by my husbands. They were as much to blame as I was.
[ Any Blame Contributing Gnawing Guilt Husbands Much Over Suffered Unhappiness Were]
- In the same way, there is some creature gnawing away inside of me, urging me to do things in different ways.
[ Away Creature Different Gnawing Inside Same Some Things Urging Way Ways]
- The fate of nations is intimately bound up with their powers of reproduction. All nations and all empires first felt decadence gnawing at them when their birth rate fell off.
[ Birth Bound Decadence Empires Fate Fell Felt First Gnawing Intimately Nations Off Powers Rate Reproduction Their Them Up]
- Guilt upon the conscience, like rust upon iron, both defiles and consumes it, gnawing and creeping into it, as that does which at last eats out the very heart and substance of the metal.
[ Both Conscience Consumes Creeping Does Eats Gnawing Guilt Heart Into Iron Last Metal Out Rust Substance Upon Very Which]
- The rat stops gnawing in the wood, the dungeon walls withdraw, the weight is lifted your pulse steadies and the sun has found your heart, the day was not bad, the season has not been bad, there is sense and even promise in going on.
[ Bad Been Day Dungeon Even Found Gnawing Going Heart Lifted Promise Pulse Rat Season Sense Stops Sun Walls Weight Withdraw Wood Your]