- And while the law of competition may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race, because it ensures the survival of the fittest in every department.
[ Because Best Competition Department Ensures Every Fittest Hard Individual Law May Race Sometimes Survival While]
- Baseball is a red-blooded sport for red-blooded men. It's no pink tea, and mollycoddles had better stay out. It's a struggle for supremacy, a survival of the fittest.
[ Baseball Better Fittest Had Men Out Pink Sport Stay Struggle Supremacy Survival Tea]
- Knowledge is the consequence of time, and multitude of days are fittest to teach wisdom.
[ Consequence Days Fittest Knowledge Multitude Teach Time Wisdom]
- As I have discovered by examining my past, I started out as a child. Coincidentally, so did my brother. My mother did not put all her eggs in one basket, so to speak: she gave me a younger brother named Russell, who taught me what was meant by "survival of the fittest."
[ Basket Brother Child Did Discovered Eggs Examining Fittest Gave Her Meant Mother Named Out Past Put Russell She Speak Started Survival Taught Younger]
- The unrestricted competition so commonly advocated does not leave us the survival of the fittest. The unscrupulous succeed best in accumulating wealth.
[ Accumulating Advocated Best Commonly Competition Does Fittest Leave Succeed Survival Unrestricted Unscrupulous Us Wealth]
- All that is really necessary for survival of the fittest, it seems, is an interest in life, good, bad or peculiar.
[ Bad Fittest Good Interest Life Necessary Peculiar Really Seems Survival]
- Whoever claims that economic competition represents 'survival of the fittest' in the sense of the law of the jungle, provides the clearest possible evidence of his lack of knowledge of economics.
[ Claims Clearest Competition Economic Economics Evidence Fittest His Jungle Knowledge Lack Law Possible Provides Represents Sense Survival Whoever]
- Every one, more or less, loves Power, yet those who most wish for it are seldom the fittest to be trusted with it.
[ Every Fittest Less Loves More Most Power Seldom Those Trusted Wish Yet]
- The law of the survival of the fittest led inevitably to the survival and predominance of the men who were effective in war and who loved it because they were effective.
[ Because Effective Fittest Inevitably Law Led Loved Men Survival War Were]
- Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer.
[ Age Cheer Deemed Each Fittest New-Born Time Year]
- Nature abhors a hero. For one thing, he violates the law of conservation of energy. For another, how can it be the survival of the fittest when the fittest keeps putting himself in situations where he is most likely to be creamed?
[ Abhors Another Conservation Energy Fittest Hero Himself How Keeps Law Likely Most Nature Putting Situations Survival Thing Violates Where]
- If I read not amiss, this powerful race will move down upon Mexico, down upon Central and South America, out upon the islands of the sea, over upon Africa and beyond. And can any one doubt that the results of this competition of races will be the "survival of the fittest?"
[ Africa America Amiss Any Beyond Central Competition Doubt Down Fittest Islands Mexico Move Out Over Powerful Race Races Read Results Sea South Survival Upon Will]
- Instead of working for the survival of the fittest, we should be working for the survival of the wittiest - then we can all die laughing.
[ Die Fittest Instead Laughing Should Survival Then Working]