- God tolerates even our stammering, and pardons our ignorance whenever something inadvertently escapes us - as, indeed, without this mercy there would be no freedom to pray.
[ Escapes Even Freedom God Ignorance Inadvertently Indeed Mercy Our Pardons Pray Something Tolerates Us Whenever Without Would]
- Youth is to all the glad season of life; but often only by what it hopes, not by what it attains, or what it escapes.
[ Attains Escapes Glad Hopes Life Often Only Season Youth]
- A cardinal principle of Total Quality escapes too many managers: you cannot continuously improve interdependent systems and processes until you progressively perfect interdependent, interpersonal relationships.
[ Cannot Cardinal Continuously Escapes Improve Interdependent Interpersonal Managers Many Perfect Principle Processes Progressively Quality Relationships Systems Too Total Until]
- Romance like a ghost escapes touching; it is always where you are not, not where you are. The interview or conversation was prose at the time, but it is poetry in the memory.
[ Always Conversation Escapes Ghost Interview Memory Poetry Prose Romance Time Touching Where]
- Every experience is a paradox in that it means to be absolute, and yet is relative; in that it somehow always goes beyond itself and yet never escapes itself.
[ Absolute Always Beyond Escapes Every Experience Goes Itself Means Never Paradox Relative Somehow Yet]
- A grouch escapes so many little annoyances that it almost pays to be one.
[ Almost Annoyances Escapes Grouch Little Many Pays]
- Making the best of things is... a damn poor way of dealing with them. My whole life has been a series of escapes from that quicksand.
[ Been Best Damn Dealing Escapes Life Making Poor Quicksand Series Them Things Way Whole]
- Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere.
[ Earth Elsewhere Escapes Human Iniquity Never Pray Race Spread]
- A very small cause which escapes our notice determines a considerable effect that we cannot fail to see, and then we say that the effect is due to chance.
[ Cannot Cause Chance Considerable Determines Due Effect Escapes Fail Notice Our Say See Small Then Very Which]
- No idea can succeed except at the expense of sacrifice; no one ever escapes without enduring strain from the struggle of life.
[ Enduring Escapes Ever Except Expense Idea Life Sacrifice Strain Struggle Succeed Without]
- In this world without quiet corners, there can be no easy escapes from history, from hullabaloo, from terrible, unquiet fuss.
[ Corners Easy Escapes Fuss History Quiet Terrible Without World]
- I think the more stressful our times get, the more we look for fantasy escapes.
[ Escapes Fantasy Get Look More Our Stressful Think Times]
- The willow which bends to the tempest, often escapes better than the oak which resists it; and so in great calamities, it sometimes happens that light and frivolous spirits recover their elasticity and presence of mind sooner than those of a loftier character.
[ Bends Better Calamities Character Elasticity Escapes Frivolous Great Happens Light Loftier Mind Oak Often Presence Recover Resists Sometimes Sooner Spirits Tempest Than Their Those Which Willow]
- Nothing escapes the vigilance of the New South Wales police; their reputation is known the world over.
[ Escapes Known New Nothing Over Police Reputation South Their Vigilance Wales World]
- You could say, in a vulgar Freudian way, that I am the unhappy child who escapes into books. Even as a child, I was most happy being alone. This has not changed.
[ Alone Am Being Books Changed Child Could Escapes Even Freudian Happy Into Most Say Unhappy Vulgar Way]