- I then endeavoured to show that it is more especially in the thorough conformity with law which natural phenomena and natural products exhibit, and in the comparative ease with which laws can be stated, that this difference exists.
[ Comparative Conformity Difference Ease Endeavoured Especially Exhibit Exists Law Laws More Natural Phenomena Products Show Stated Then Thorough Which]
- During half a century of literary work, I have endeavoured to introduce the philosophy of evolution into the sphere of literature, and to inspire my readers to think in evolutionary terms.
[ Century During Endeavoured Evolution Evolutionary Half Inspire Into Introduce Literary Literature Philosophy Readers Sphere Terms Think Work]
- At various times during the last four thousand years God has asserted his rights and endeavoured to establish his own authority, his own laws, and his own government among the children of men.
[ Among Asserted Authority Children During Endeavoured Establish Four God Government His Last Laws Men Own Rights Thousand Times Various Years]
- And now, without having wearied my friends, I hope, with detailed scientific accounts, theories, or deductions, I will only say that I have endeavoured to tell just the story of the adventure itself.
[ Accounts Adventure Deductions Detailed Endeavoured Friends Having Hope Itself Just Now Only Say Scientific Story Tell Theories Wearied Will Without]
- In the following pages I have endeavoured to describe all that appeared to me most important and interesting among the events and the scenes that came under my notice during my sojourn in the interior of Africa.
[ Africa Among Appeared Came Describe During Endeavoured Events Following Important Interesting Interior Most Notice Pages Scenes Sojourn Under]
- There have been no sects in the Christian world, however absurd, which have not endeavoured to support their opinions by arguments drawn from Scripture.
[ Absurd Arguments Been Christian Drawn Endeavoured However Opinions Scripture Sects Support Their Which World]