Pat Garrett - When a mother quarrels with a daughter, she has a double dose of unhappiness hers from the conflict, and empathy with her daughter's from the conflict with her. Throughout her life a mother retains this special need to maintain a good relationship with her daughter.
[ Conflict Daughter Dose Double Empathy Good Her Hers Life Maintain Mother Need Quarrels Relationship Retains She Special Throughout Unhappiness]
Christopher Plummer - Poets have to be sensitive to their audience, but it does not mean that they censor themselves. I realise my audience is diverse. Some will read with empathy and curiosity while others will take offense.
[ Audience Censor Curiosity Diverse Does Empathy Mean Offense Others Poets Read Realise Sensitive Some Take Their Themselves While Will]
Irving Ravetch - I look for a role that hopefully I feel empathy with and that I can understand and love, but also that has that challenge for me to play - a different kind of role, a different type of character, a different time period.
[ Also Challenge Character Different Empathy Feel Hopefully Kind Look Love Period Play Role Time Type Understand]
- There is also a natural and very, very strong empathy with the underdog, with people who have suffered, people who have been pushed around by foreigners in particular, but also by their own people.
[ Also Around Been Empathy Foreigners Natural Own Particular Pushed Strong Suffered Their Underdog Very]
- Anyone who has experienced a certain amount of loss in their life has empathy for those who have experienced loss.
[ Amount Anyone Certain Empathy Experienced Life Loss Their Those]
- True contentment comes with empathy.
[ Comes Contentment Empathy True]
- There are many respects in which America, if it can bring itself to act with the magnanimity and the empathy appropriate to its size and power, can be an intelligent example to the world.
[ Act America Appropriate Bring Empathy Example Intelligent Itself Magnanimity Many Power Respects Size Which World]
- If your emotional abilities aren't in hand, if you don't have self-awareness, if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions, if you can't have empathy and have effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far.
[ Abilities Able Distressing Effective Emotional Emotions Empathy Far Get Going Hand How Manage Matter Relationships Self-Awareness Smart Then Very Your]
- I have been under considerable pressure to buy at least a laptop computer. I have always turned the suggestions down for the reason that I have never done creative work on a typewriter. There is to me a lack of empathy.
[ Always Been Buy Computer Considerable Creative Done Down Empathy Lack Laptop Least Never Pressure Reason Suggestions Turned Typewriter Under Work]
- People who work on the user interface side need to have empathy as a key characteristic. But if you are writing device drivers you don't really need to understand humans so well.
[ Characteristic Device Drivers Empathy Humans Interface Key Need Really Side Understand User Well Work Writing]
- I'm less interested in slasher, and go more for roles that can affect you on a personal level. I'm interested in human empathy in the movies I see, and in the ones I am a part of.
[ Affect Am Empathy Go Human Interested Less Level More Movies Ones Part Personal Roles See Slasher]
- Learning is a result of listening, which in turn leads to even better listening and attentiveness to the other person. In other words, to learn from the child, we must have empathy, and empathy grows as we learn.
[ Better Child Empathy Even Grows Leads Learn Learning Listening Must Other Person Result Turn Which Words]
- We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom, the empathy to understand what it's like to be poor or African-American or gay or disabled or old - and that's the criterion by which I'll be selecting my judges.
[ African-American Criterion Disabled Empathy Gay Got Heart Judges Mom Need Old Poor Recognize Selecting Somebody Teenage Understand Which Young]
- I think empathy is a beautiful thing. I think that's the power of film though. We have one of the most powerful, one of the greatest communicative tools known to man.
[ Beautiful Communicative Empathy Film Greatest Known Man Most Power Powerful Thing Think Though Tools]
- "Empathy" is the latest code word for liberal activism, for treating the Constitution as malleable clay to be kneaded and molded in whatever form justices want. It represents an expansive view of the judiciary in which courts create policy that couldn't pass the legislative branch or, if it did, would generate voter backlash.
[ Activism Backlash Branch Clay Code Constitution Courts Create Did Empathy Expansive Form Generate Judiciary Justices Latest Legislative Liberal Malleable Molded Pass Policy Represents Treating View Voter Want Whatever Which Wo]
- What Mr. Obama wants in a nominee isn't really "empathy" and "understanding." He wants a liberal, activist Supreme Court justice.
[ Activist Court Empathy Justice Liberal Mr Nominee Obama Obama Really Supreme Understanding Wants]
- I think I'm an actor because I have very strong imagination and empathy. I never studied acting, but those two qualities are exactly the qualities that make for an activist.
[ Acting Activist Actor Because Empathy Exactly Imagination Make Never Qualities Strong Studied Think Those Two Very]
- When you start to develop your powers of empathy and imagination, the whole world opens up to you.
[ Develop Empathy Imagination Opens Powers Start Up Whole World Your]
- I'm cursed with empathy. I'm also by nature way too opinionated.
[ Also Cursed Empathy Nature Opinionated Too Way]
- We shall listen, not lecture; learn, not threaten. We will enhance our safety by earning the respect of others and showing respect for them. In short, our foreign policy will rest on the traditional American values of restraint and empathy, not on military might.
[ American Earning Empathy Enhance Foreign Learn Lecture Listen Might Military Others Our Policy Respect Rest Restraint Safety Shall Short Showing Them Threaten Traditional Values Will]
- Having played many roles of scientific intellect I do have an empathy for that world. It's been hard on me because flying the Enterprise for seven years in Star Trek and sitting in Cerebro in X-men has led people to believe that I know what I'm talking about. But I'm still trying to work out how to operate the air conditioning unit on my car.
[ Air Because Been Believe Car Conditioning Empathy Enterprise Flying Hard Having How Intellect Know Led Many Operate Out Played Roles Scientific Seven Sitting Star Still Talking Trek Trying Unit Work World X-Men Years]
- The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy.
[ Beings Empathy Gift Great Human Power]
- The discoveries of how we can grow and the insights we need to have really come from the inside out. To have genuine empathy, not as a make-nice tool but as an understanding, is essential to the next step.
[ Come Discoveries Empathy Essential Genuine Grow How Inside Insights Need Next Out Really Step Tool Understanding]
- I have absolutely no empathy for camels. I didn't care for being abused in the Middle East by those horrible, horrible, horrible creatures. They don't like people. It's not at all like the relationship between horses and humans.
[ Absolutely Abused Being Between Camels Care Creatures East Empathy Horrible Horses Humans Middle Relationship Those]