- Envy is like a fly that passes all the body's sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores.
[ Body Dwells Envy Fly Parts Passes Sores Sounder Upon]
- Advice is like snow - the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper in sinks into the mind.
[ Advice Deeper Dwells Falls Into Longer Mind Sinks Snow Softer Upon]
- Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.
[ Dwells Gold Happiness Possessions Resides Soul]
- A great city, whose image dwells in the memory of man, is the type of some great idea. Rome represents conquest; Faith hovers over the towers of Jerusalem; and Athens embodies the pre-eminent quality of the antique world, Art.
[ Antique Art Athens City Conquest Dwells Embodies Faith Great Hovers Idea Image Jerusalem Man Memory Over Quality Represents Rome Some Towers Type Whose World]
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
[ Anger Bosom Dwells Fools Only]
- Great joy, especially after a sudden change of circumstances, is apt to be silent, and dwells rather in the heart than on the tongue.
[ After Apt Change Circumstances Dwells Especially Great Heart Joy Rather Silent Sudden Than Tongue]
- Courage is poorly housed that dwells in numbers; the lion never counts the herd that are about him, nor weighs how many flocks he has to scatter.
[ Counts Courage Dwells Flocks Herd Him Housed How Lion Many Never Nor Numbers Poorly Scatter Weighs]
- All Church power arises from the indwelling of the Spirit; therefore those in whom the Spirit dwells are the seat of Church power. But the Spirit dwells in the whole Church, and therefore the whole Church is the seat of Church power.
[ Arises Church Dwells Power Seat Spirit Therefore Those Whole Whom]
- Israel is no longer a people that dwells alone, and has to join the global journey toward peace, reconciliation and international cooperation.
[ Alone Cooperation Dwells Global International Israel Join Journey Longer Peace Reconciliation Toward]
- God too longs; and because the Absolute Life itself, which dwells in our life, and inspires these very longings, possesses the true world, and is that world.
[ Absolute Because Dwells God Inspires Itself Life Longings Longs Our Possesses These Too True Very Which World]
- The New Testament presents, in its way, the same union of the divine and human as the person of Christ. In this sense also 'the word became flesh, and dwells among us.'
[ Also Among Became Christ Divine Dwells Flesh Human New Person Presents Same Sense Testament Union Us Way Word]
- The brain may be regarded as a kind of parasite of the organism, a pensioner, as it were, who dwells with the body.
[ Body Brain Dwells Kind May Organism Parasite Regarded Were]
- There is no witness so terrible and no accuser so powerful as conscience which dwells within us.
[ Accuser Conscience Dwells Powerful Terrible Us Which Within Witness]
- Many of the artists who have represented Negro life have seen only the comic, ludicrous side of it, and have lacked sympathy with and appreciation for the warm big heart that dwells within such a rough exterior.
[ Appreciation Artists Big Comic Dwells Exterior Heart Lacked Life Ludicrous Many Negro Only Represented Rough Seen Side Such Sympathy Warm Within]
- A celibate, like the fly in the heart of an apple, dwells in a perpetual sweetness, but sits alone, and is confined and dies in singularity.
[ Alone Apple Celibate Confined Dies Dwells Fly Heart Perpetual Singularity Sits Sweetness]
- Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on your own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.
[ Acts Based Body Dwells Expectations Limitations Mind Most Often Our Ourselves Own Success Upon Will Your]
- The best of a book is not the thought which it contains, but the thought which it suggests; just as the charm of music dwells not in the tones but in the echoes of our hearts.
[ Best Book Charm Contains Dwells Echoes Hearts Just Music Our Suggests Thought Tones Which]
- The spark divine dwells in thee: let it grow.
[ Divine Dwells Grow Spark Thee]