- If a man devotes himself to art, much evil is avoided that happens otherwise if one is idle.
[ Art Avoided Devotes Evil Happens Himself Idle Man Much Otherwise]
- A book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements and clumsy hands. so the librarian protects the books not only against mankind but also against nature and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion.
[ Against Also Book Books Clumsy Creature Devotes Elements Fears Forces Fragile Hands His Librarian Life Mankind Nature Oblivion Only Protects Rodents Suffers Time War Wear]
- A great number of the disappointments and mishaps of the troubled world are the direct result of literature and the allied arts. It is our belief that no human being who devotes his life and energy to the manufacture of fantasies can be anything but fundamentally inadequate.
[ Allied Anything Arts Being Belief Devotes Direct Disappointments Energy Fantasies Fundamentally Great His Human Inadequate Life Literature Manufacture Mishaps Number Our Result Troubled World]
- He who devotes sixteen hours a day to hard study may become at sixty as wise as he thought himself at twenty.
[ Become Day Devotes Hard Himself Hours May Sixteen Sixty Study Thought Twenty Wise]
- I know of nothing more despicable and pathetic than a man who devotes all the hours of the waking day to the making of money for money's sake.
[ Day Despicable Devotes Hours Know Making Man Money More Nothing Pathetic Sake Than Waking]
- Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
[ Abstract Capable Concrete Devotes Enjoying Happiness Himself Human Longer Money Then Utterly]
- A man is ethical only when life, as such, is sacred to him, that of plants and animals as that of his fellow men, and when he devotes himself helpfully to all life that is in need of help.
[ Animals Devotes Ethical Fellow Help Him Himself His Life Man Men Need Only Plants Sacred Such]
- But there is a higher law than the Constitution, which regulates our authority over the domain, and devotes it to the same noble purposes.
[ Authority Constitution Devotes Domain Higher Law Noble Our Over Purposes Regulates Same Than Which]
- Anyone who devotes time and attention to what makes people tick, to me, is a smart person.
[ Anyone Attention Devotes Makes Person Smart Tick Time]
- What time he can spare from the adornment of his person he devotes to the neglect of his duties.
[ Adornment Devotes Duties His Neglect Person Spare Time]