- Well I think that the mind of a serial killer and the mind of the detectives represent the duality we face as people.
[ Detectives Duality Face Killer Mind Represent Serial Think Well]
- Yes. I did more research than I ever wanted to and saw some things I wish I didn't. I went on ride-alongs, spent time with Homicide, Cold Case, and SVU detectives, hung out in subways learning how to spot pervs and pick-pockets, viewed an autopsy, went to a police firing range, and witnessed court cases and I read, read, read.
[ Autopsy Case Cases Cold Court Detectives Did Ever Firing Homicide How Hung Learning More Out Police Range Read Research Saw Some Spent Spot Than Things Time Viewed Wanted Went Wish Witnessed Yes]
- It's a very, very fascinating story for me, cause it's about a man who's been doing bad; bad things. And he's a father of four children in parochial school, he's a lieutenant of detectives, but he's in conflict with himself and with trying to do what's right.
[ Bad Been Cause Children Conflict Detectives Doing Fascinating Father Four Himself Lieutenant Man Parochial Right School Story Things Trying Very]
- You're right on the money with that. We're all like detectives in life. There's something at the end of the trail that we're all looking for.
[ Detectives End Life Looking Money Right Something Trail]
- Personally I had the opportunity to go on several ride alongs with the LA County Sheriff's Department with some amazing detectives, who were invaluable to me.
[ Amazing County Department Detectives Go Had Invaluable La Opportunity Personally Ride Several Sheriff Some Were]
- I know when I was here prosecuting homicides in the District of Columbia, one of the most effective units here was the cold case squad, which had on it FBI agents, as well as Metropolitan Police Department homicide detectives working together.
[ Agents Case Cold Columbia Department Detectives District Effective Fbi Had Here Homicide Homicides Know Metropolitan Most Police Prosecuting Squad Together Units Well Which Working]
- Yes, and many times it's frustrating, because I'm simply part of the show, and I'm not in the creative end of it, who goes out with detectives and tries to find these things out.
[ Because Creative Detectives End Find Frustrating Goes Many Out Part Show Simply These Things Times Tries Yes]
- The cops picked me up for attempted murder. I can still see the detectives, licking their chops. Thought they had me. Two weeks later, the cat came out of a coma and told the truth. I was innocent.
[ Attempted Came Cat Chops Cops Detectives Had Innocent Later Licking Murder Out Picked See Still Their Thought Told Truth Two Up Weeks]