Bill Graham - Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them.
[ Consist Deserving Dignity Does Honors Possessing Them]
- In my view, far from deserving condemnation for their courageous reporting, the New York Times, the Washington Post and other newspapers should be commended for serving the purpose that the Founding Fathers saw so clearly.
[ Clearly Commended Condemnation Courageous Deserving Far Fathers Founding New Newspapers Other Post Purpose Reporting Saw Serving Should Their Times View Washington York]
- You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
[ Affection Anybody Anywhere Deserve Deserving Entire Found Love More Much Person Search Someone Than Throughout Universe Your Yourself]
- Romantic lovers require from each other at least the facade of reason: We desire to be what romantic love makes us appear in the other's eyes. We want to imagine we are deserving of the love we inspire.
[ Appear Deserving Desire Each Eyes Facade Imagine Inspire Least Love Lovers Makes Other Reason Require Romantic Us Want]
- Well, there's no one at all, they do be saying, but is deserving of some punishment from the very minute of his birth.
[ Birth Deserving His Minute Punishment Saying Some Very Well]
- Everybody is so talented nowadays that the only people I care to honor as deserving real distinction are those who remain in obscurity.
[ Care Deserving Distinction Everybody Honor Nowadays Obscurity Only Real Remain Talented Those]
- Literature that keeps employing new linguistic and formal modes of expression to draft a panorama of society as a whole while at the same time exposing it, tearing the masks from its face - for me that would be deserving of an award.
[ Award Deserving Draft Employing Exposing Expression Face Formal Keeps Linguistic Literature Masks Modes New Panorama Same Society Tearing Time While Whole Would]
- Accept yourself as you are. Otherwise you will never see opportunity. You will not feel free to move toward it; you will feel you are not deserving.
[ Accept Deserving Feel Free Move Never Opportunity Otherwise See Toward Will Yourself]
- The only power deserving the name is that of masses, and of governments while they make themselves the organ of the tendencies and instincts of masses.
[ Deserving Governments Instincts Make Masses Name Only Organ Power Tendencies Themselves While]
- For example, a man who might not have enormous charisma, who could be president 40 years ago, and who was a deserving president, I don't know that George Washington would be a president today, I don't know that Abe Lincoln would, I don't know that Roosevelt would.
[ Abe Ago Charisma Could Deserving Enormous Example George Know Lincoln Man Might President Roosevelt Today Washington Would Years]
- The easy way out is to approve an early retirement plan one year but not pay out sick and vacation time to deserving employees until three years later. Unfortunately, later is now.
[ Approve Deserving Early Easy Employees Later Now Out Pay Plan Retirement Sick Three Time Unfortunately Until Vacation Way Year Years]
- For much of the female half of the world, food is the first signal of our inferiority. It lets us know that our own families may consider female bodies to be less deserving, less needy, less valuable.
[ Bodies Consider Deserving Families Female First Food Half Inferiority Know Less Lets May Much Needy Our Own Signal Us Valuable World]
- What becomes a crime deserving capital punishment when the tables are turned is a matter of small moment when the negro woman is the accusing party.
[ Accusing Becomes Capital Crime Deserving Matter Moment Negro Party Punishment Small Tables Turned Woman]