Dan Aykroyd - I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'
[ Am Convinced Creature Cries Dangerous Ever Few Give Grasping Grave Man Many More Power Vested Whether]
Trent Reznor - The study of beauty is a duel in which the artist cries with terror before being defeated.
[ Artist Beauty Before Being Cries Defeated Duel Study Terror Which]
- I made mistakes in drama. I thought drama was when actors cried. But drama is when the audience cries.
[ Actors Audience Cried Cries Drama Made Mistakes Thought]
- It is no use painting the foot of the tree white, the strength of the bark cries out from beneath the paint.
[ Bark Beneath Cries Foot Out Paint Painting Strength Tree Use White]
- The cries of the sufferers on the remaining part of the wreck were heard during the night.
[ Cries During Heard Night Part Remaining Sufferers Were Wreck]
- Your child should feel entitled to cry when you leave; crying is a natural thing for a child to do when she feels bad. The fact that your child cries when you go doesn't mean she will never like day care. It just means she wants you to stay.
[ Bad Care Child Cries Cry Crying Day Entitled Fact Feel Feels Go Just Leave Mean Means Natural Never She Should Stay Thing Wants Will Your]
- Death is the king of this world: 'Tis his park where he breeds life to feed him. Cries of pain are music for his banquet.
[ Banquet Breeds Cries Death Feed Him His King Life Music Pain Park Tis Where World]
- The artist in me cries out for design.
[ Artist Cries Design Out]
- When sparrows build and the leaves break forth My old sorrow wakes and cries.
[ Break Build Cries Forth Leaves Old Sorrow Sparrows Wakes]
- When the Negro cries with pain from his deep hurt and lays his petition for elemental justice before the nation, he is calling upon the American people to kindle about that crucible of race relationships the fires of American faith.
[ American Before Calling Cries Crucible Deep Elemental Faith Fires His Hurt Justice Kindle Lays Nation Negro Pain Petition Race Relationships Upon]
- What is a poet? An unhappy person who conceals profound anguish in his heart but whose lips are so formed that as sighs and cries pass over them they sound like beautiful music.
[ Anguish Beautiful Conceals Cries Formed Heart His Lips Music Over Pass Person Poet Profound Sighs Sound Them Unhappy Whose]
- I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.
[ Am Apply Become Cries Efforts Grain Grow Henceforth Here Highest Into Mercy Mountain Potential Purpose Sand Shrink Strain Until Will]
- It's a warm wind, the west wind, full of birds' cries.
[ Birds Cries Full Warm West Wind]
- I know a girl who cries when she practices violin because each note sounds so pure it just cuts into her, and then the melody comes pouring out her eyes. Now, to me, everything else just sounds like a lie.
[ Because Comes Cries Cuts Each Else Everything Eyes Girl Her Into Just Know Lie Melody Note Now Out Pouring Practices Pure She Sounds Then Violin]
- The pitcher cries for water to carry and a person for work that is real.
[ Carry Cries Person Pitcher Real Water Work]
- I grew up not liking my father very much. I never saw him cry. But he must have. Everybody cries.
[ Cries Cry Everybody Father Grew Him Liking Much Must Never Saw Up Very]
- Emphasis on the common emotive or affective origins of music and words in the first cries of humankind undermines words.
[ Affective Common Cries Emotive Emphasis First Humankind Music Origins Undermines Words]
- Advertising is, actually, a simple phenomenon in terms of economics. It is merely a substitute for a personal sales force - an extension, if you will, of the merchant who cries aloud his wares.
[ Actually Advertising Aloud Cries Economics Extension Force His Merchant Merely Personal Phenomenon Sales Simple Substitute Terms Wares Will]
- When a Spanish man cries it's not a sign of weakness.
[ Cries Man Sign Spanish Weakness]
- You take somebody that cries their goddam eyes out over phoney stuff in the movies, and nine times out of ten they're mean bastards at heart.
[ Bastards Cries Eyes Goddam Heart Mean Movies Nine Out Over Phoney Somebody Stuff Take Ten Their Times]
- That God does not exist, I cannot deny, That my whole being cries out for God I cannot forget.
[ Being Cannot Cries Deny Does Exist Forget God Out Whole]
- One of the cries from the people was, don't forget us. They have a long road ahead of them. Operation Blessing has found those little fishing towns. They will not be getting what other towns are getting from the government.
[ Ahead Blessing Cries Fishing Forget Found Getting Government Little Long Operation Other Road Them Those Towns Us Will]
- I tried not to make God this big deal in Joan's life. She treats God like a friend: she's nice to him some days, and other days mean, and then cries when she needs help.
[ Big Cries Days Deal Friend God Help Him Joan Life Make Mean Needs Nice Other She Some Then Treats Tried]
- We thrust our fingers into our ears to stop its moan; but it was no good; the cry cut like a drill into our heads, dragging minutes into hours, hours into years. We withered and grew old between those cries.
[ Between Cries Cry Cut Dragging Drill Ears Fingers Good Grew Heads Hours Into Minutes Moan Old Our Stop Those Thrust Withered Years]
- Revolution! The people howls and cries, Freedom, that's what we're needing! We've needed it for centuries, our arteries are bleeding. The stage is shaking, the audience rock. The whole thing is over by nine o'clock.
[ Arteries Audience Bleeding Centuries Clock Cries Freedom Needed Needing Nine Our Over Revolution Rock Shaking Stage Thing Whole]
- People who are employed in a way they don't like - my heart cries for them.
[ Cries Employed Heart Them Way]
- We never search for scandal, but we use it if it cries out to excess.
[ Cries Excess Never Out Scandal Search Use]
- Faith, mighty faith, the promise sees, And looks to God alone; Laughs at impossibilities, And cries it shall be done.
[ Alone Cries Done Faith God Impossibilities Laughs Looks Mighty Promise Sees Shall]
- Many slaves on this continent are oppressed, and their cries have reached the ears of the Most High. Such are the purity and certainty of his judgments, that he cannot be partial in our favor.
[ Cannot Certainty Continent Cries Ears Favor High His Judgments Many Most Oppressed Our Partial Purity Reached Slaves Such Their]