Democritus - The man who insists upon seeing with perfect clearness before he decides, never decides. Accept life, and you must accept regret.
[ Accept Before Clearness Decides Insists Life Man Must Never Perfect Regret Seeing Upon]
- When we really worship anything, we love not only its clearness but its obscurity. We exult in its very invisibility.
[ Anything Clearness Invisibility Love Obscurity Only Really Very Worship]
- Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy... or they become legend.
[ Become Clearness Crazy Great Hear Inner Legend Live Own Some Such Their Voices]
- The chief virtue that language can have is clearness, and nothing detracts from it so much as the use of unfamiliar words.
[ Chief Clearness Detracts Language Much Nothing Unfamiliar Use Virtue Words]
- I see with greater and greater clearness that consistent Christianity is the easiest Christianity to defend.
[ Christianity Clearness Consistent Defend Easiest Greater See]
- We learn our virtues from our friends who love us; our faults from the enemy who hates us. We cannot easily discover our real character from a friend. He is a mirror, on which the warmth of our breath impedes the clearness of the reflection.
[ Breath Cannot Character Clearness Discover Easily Enemy Faults Friend Friends Hates Impedes Learn Love Mirror Our Real Reflection Us Virtues Warmth Which]
- The difficulties you meet will resolve themselves as you advance. Proceed, and light will dawn, and shine with increasing clearness on your path.
[ Advance Clearness Dawn Difficulties Increasing Light Meet Path Proceed Resolve Shine Themselves Will Your]
- Clearness ornaments profound thoughts.
[ Clearness Ornaments Profound Thoughts]
- My heart hath often been deeply afflicted under a feeling that the standard of pure righteousness is not lifted up to the people by us, as a society, in that clearness which it might have been, had we been as faithful as we ought to be to the teachings of Christ.
[ Afflicted Been Christ Clearness Deeply Faithful Feeling Had Hath Heart Lifted Might Often Ought Pure Righteousness Society Standard Teachings Under Up Us Which]