Lincoln Chafee - I have been committed to carrying out my duties... in accordance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable rules of ethics and canons of conduct.
[ Accordance Applicable Been Both Canons Carrying Committed Conduct Duties Ethics Letter Out Rules Spirit]
Herb Kelleher - Nevertheless there are certain peaks, canons, and clear meadow spaces which are above all compassing of words, and have a certain fame as of the nobly great to whom we give no familiar names.
[ Above Canons Certain Clear Fame Familiar Give Great Meadow Names Nevertheless Nobly Peaks Spaces Which Whom Words]
- During the engagement I tried to throw a strong force through the canon, but I was obliged to use it elsewhere before it had gotten to the supposed location of the village.
[ Before Canon During Elsewhere Engagement Force Gotten Had Location Obliged Strong Supposed Through Throw Tried Use Village]
- The key factor is whether the agent is a member of the Association of Authors' Representatives, which screens its members and requires them to uphold a Canon of Ethics.
[ Agent Association Authors Canon Ethics Factor Key Member Members Representatives Requires Screens Them Uphold Whether Which]
- The Western musical canon came about not merely by accumulation, but by opposition and subversion, both to the ruling powers on whom composers depended for their livelihoods and to other musics.
[ Accumulation Both Came Canon Composers Depended Livelihoods Merely Musical Musics Opposition Other Powers Ruling Subversion Their Western Whom]
- So too, in forming a constitution, or in enacting rules of procedure, or making canons, the people do not merely passively assent, but actively cooperate. They have, in all these matters, the same authority as the clergy.
[ Actively Assent Authority Canons Clergy Constitution Cooperate Enacting Forming Making Matters Merely Passively Procedure Rules Same These Too]
- Canon law itself says for one case of guilt, a priest can be dismissed from the clerical state. One.
[ Canon Case Dismissed Guilt Itself Law Priest Says State]
- Inaudible prayers, particularly of the Canon, which at first don't seem to have anything to do with music, end up being a very important part of the aesthetic of the traditional structure of the Mass.
[ Aesthetic Anything Being Canon End First Important Inaudible Mass Music Part Particularly Prayers Seem Structure Traditional Up Very Which]
- Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don't start measuring her limbs.
[ Any Application Art Beauty Beyond Brain Canon Conceive Her Instinct Limbs Love Measuring Start Woman]
- After the war, prompted by the Cardinal Archbishop of Paris, I entered Parliament so that a priest could speak out for the poor, as canon law at that time still permitted.
[ After Archbishop Canon Cardinal Could Entered Law Out Paris Parliament Permitted Poor Priest Prompted Speak Still Time War]
- A true servant of God will never teach a false doctrine. He will never deny new revelation. He never will tell you that the canon of scripture is full, or that the New Testament is the last revelation ever intended to be given to man.
[ Canon Deny Doctrine Ever False Full Given God Intended Last Man Never New Revelation Scripture Servant Teach Tell Testament True Will]
- Let the Dean and Canons lay their heads together and the thing will be done.
[ Canons Dean Done Heads Lay Their Thing Together Will]
- The greatest block today in the way of woman's emancipation is the church, the canon law, the Bible and the priesthood.
[ Bible Block Canon Church Emancipation Greatest Law Priesthood Today Way Woman]
- Now, occultism is not like mystic faculty, and it very seldom works in harmony either with business aptitude in the things of ordinary life or with a knowledge of the canons of evidence in its own sphere.
[ Aptitude Business Canons Either Evidence Faculty Harmony Knowledge Life Mystic Now Ordinary Own Seldom Sphere Things Very Works]