- War means blind obedience, unthinking stupidity, brutish callousness, wanton destruction, and irresponsible murder.
[ Blind Brutish Callousness Destruction Irresponsible Means Murder Obedience Stupidity Unthinking Wanton War]
- Speech is human, silence is divine, yet also brutish and dead: therefore we must learn both arts.
[ Also Arts Both Brutish Dead Divine Human Learn Must Silence Speech Therefore Yet]
- Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded.
[ Brutish Form Genius Goes Great Idiot Individual Man Mass Men Monster Where]
- Men are as we have always known them, neither better nor worse from the hearts of rogues there springs a latent honesty, from the depths of honest men there emerges a brutish appetite - a thirst for extermination, a desire for blood.
[ Always Appetite Better Blood Brutish Depths Desire Emerges Extermination Hearts Honest Honesty Known Latent Men Neither Nor Rogues Springs Them Thirst Worse]
- If the individual is a unit in a corporate mass, his life is not merely brutish and short, but dull and mechanical.
[ Brutish Corporate Dull His Individual Life Mass Mechanical Merely Short Unit]