- I entirely agree with you about the obscurity of Mrs Browning's line about the stars. It is far-fetched. She wanted to express something which she found beyond expression.
[ Agree Beyond Browning Entirely Express Expression Found Line Mrs Obscurity She Something Stars Wanted Which]
- The Browning love story? It is an ideal, all too rare, and yet I hardly think it strange. It would have been far stranger had the fates allowed those two brilliant passionate souls to beat themselves out in silence.
[ Allowed Beat Been Brilliant Browning Far Fates Had Hardly Ideal Love Out Passionate Rare Silence Souls Story Strange Stranger Themselves Think Those Too Two Would Yet]
- Browning's tragedies are tragedies without villains.
[ Browning Tragedies Villains Without]
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning could write a poem two pages long. Could she have brought it to a music publisher?
[ Brought Browning Could Elizabeth Long Music Pages Poem Publisher She Two Write]
- Whenever I hear the word culture, I reach for my Browning!
[ Browning Culture Hear Reach Whenever Word]
- When I hear the word culture - I release the safety-catch of my Browning.
[ Browning Culture Hear Release Word]
- We read Robert Browning's poetry. Here we needed no guidance from the professor: the poems themselves were enough.
[ Browning Enough Guidance Here Needed Poems Poetry Professor Read Robert Themselves Were]