- We can, for example, be fairly confident that either there will be a world without war or there won't be a world - at least, a world inhabited by creatures other than bacteria and beetles, with some scattering of others.
[ Bacteria Confident Creatures Either Example Fairly Inhabited Least Other Others Scattering Some Than War Will Without Won World]
- Salad bars are like a restaurant's lungs. They soak up the impurities and bacteria in the environment, leaving you with much cleaner air to enjoy.
[ Air Bacteria Bars Cleaner Enjoy Environment Leaving Lungs Much Restaurant Salad Soak Up]
- For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
[ Ancestors Bacteria Cells Colony Creatures Each First Geological Half Most Our Still Time Trillions Were]
- Biology will relate every human gene to the genes of other animals and bacteria, to this great chain of being.
[ Animals Bacteria Being Biology Chain Every Gene Genes Great Human Other Relate Will]
- Back in 1983, the United States government approved the release of the first genetically modified organism. In this case, it was a bacteria that prevents frost on food crops.
[ Approved Back Bacteria Case Crops First Food Frost Genetically Government Modified Organism Prevents Release States United]
- Think of the earth as a living organism that is being attacked by billions of bacteria whose numbers double every forty years. Either the host dies, or the virus dies, or both die.
[ Attacked Bacteria Being Billions Both Die Dies Double Earth Either Every Forty Host Living Numbers Organism Think Virus Whose Years]