- Cooper wrote a novel which is absolutely indistinguishable from Austen, completely from a female point of view, completely English, no sense that he was an American.
[ Absolutely American Austen Completely Cooper English Female Indistinguishable Novel Point Sense View Which Wrote]
- Jane Austen is at the end of the line that begins with Samuel Richardson, which takes wonder and magic out of the novel, treats not the past but the present.
[ Austen Begins End Jane Line Magic Novel Out Past Present Samuel Takes Treats Which Wonder]
- Jane Austen was writing about boring people with desperately limited lives. We forget this because we've seen too many of her books on screen.
[ Austen Because Books Boring Desperately Forget Her Jane Limited Lives Many Screen Seen Too Writing]
- Jane Austen is the pinnacle to which all other authors aspire.
[ Aspire Austen Authors Jane Other Pinnacle Which]
- Miss Austen had shown the infinite possibilities of ordinary and present things for the novelist.
[ Austen Had Infinite Miss Novelist Ordinary Possibilities Present Shown Things]
- I remain loyal to Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and Schubert in music and to Shakespeare and Jane Austen in literature.
[ Austen Bach Beethoven Jane Literature Loyal Mozart Music Remain Schubert Shakespeare]
- Jane Austen was an extraordinary woman; to actually be able to survive as a novelist in those days - unmarried - was just unheard of.
[ Able Actually Austen Days Extraordinary Jane Just Novelist Survive Those Unheard Unmarried Woman]