- In my time as Archbishop of Canterbury I've seen a growing sense of unity and mission.
[ Archbishop Canterbury Growing Mission Seen Sense Time Unity]
- What I think is that we in the church - and especially I as an Archbishop - I'm responsible for maintaining our rules, and making sure we hold to unity in the Body of Christ.
[ Archbishop Body Christ Church Especially Hold Maintaining Making Our Responsible Rules Sure Think Unity]
- Well the wedding in the words of the Archbishop of Canterbury was a fairy tale and there was a huge public impress, investment of goodwill, affection and indeed money in this Institution. It was a huge success at the time.
[ Affection Archbishop Canterbury Fairy Goodwill Huge Impress Indeed Institution Investment Money Public Success Tale Time Wedding Well Words]
- If people want a sense of purpose they should get it from their archbishop. They should certainly not get it from their politicians.
[ Archbishop Certainly Get Politicians Purpose Sense Should Their Want]
- Archbishop - A Christian ecclesiastic of a rank superior to that attained by Christ.
[ Archbishop Attained Christ Christian Rank Superior]
- After the war, prompted by the Cardinal Archbishop of Paris, I entered Parliament so that a priest could speak out for the poor, as canon law at that time still permitted.
[ After Archbishop Canon Cardinal Could Entered Law Out Paris Parliament Permitted Poor Priest Prompted Speak Still Time War]
- I have, alas, only one illusion left, and that is the Archbishop of Canterbury.
[ Alas Archbishop Canterbury Illusion Left Only]
- Even when I was Archbishop of Wales and working with new bishops, I used to say, not realising quite how true it was, 'One of the things you will do as a bishop is disappoint people'.
[ Archbishop Bishop Bishops Disappoint Even How New Quite Realising Say Things True Used Wales Will Working]