Anthony de Mello - Whoever removes the Cross and its interpretation by the New Testament from the center, in order to replace it, for example, with the social commitment of Jesus to the oppressed as a new center, no longer stands in continuity with the apostolic faith.
[ Apostolic Center Commitment Continuity Cross Example Faith Interpretation Jesus Longer New Oppressed Order Removes Replace Social Stands Testament Whoever]
- I held apostolic succession fully, and the channels of grace to be there only.
[ Apostolic Channels Fully Grace Held Only Succession]
- A policy is a temporary creed liable to be changed, but while it holds good it has got to be pursued with apostolic zeal.
[ Apostolic Changed Creed Good Got Holds Liable Policy Pursued Temporary While Zeal]
- That the apostolic office is temporary, is a plain historical fact.
[ Apostolic Fact Historical Office Plain Temporary]
- The Church, during the apostolic age, did not consist of isolated, independent congregations, but was one body, of which the separate churches were constituent members, each subject to all the rest, or to an authority which extended over all.
[ Age Apostolic Authority Body Church Churches Consist Constituent Did During Each Extended Independent Isolated Members Over Rest Separate Subject Were Which]
- The apostolic writings are of three kinds: historical, didactic, and prophetic.
[ Apostolic Didactic Historical Kinds Prophetic Three Writings]