Anne Sullivan Macy - Anticipating that most poetry will be worse than carrying heavy luggage through O'Hare Airport, the public, to its loss, reads very little of it.
[ Airport Anticipating Carrying Hare Heavy Little Loss Luggage Most Poetry Public Reads Than Through Very Will Worse]
- There are people who are always anticipating trouble, and in this way they manage to enjoy many sorrows that never really happen to them.
[ Always Anticipating Enjoy Happen Manage Many Never Really Sorrows Them Trouble Way]
- This is actually a very important principle that science is learning about large systems like evolution and that futurists are learning about anticipating human society: just because a future scenario is plausible doesn't mean we can get there from here.
[ Actually Anticipating Because Evolution Future Get Here Human Important Just Large Learning Mean Plausible Principle Scenario Science Society Systems Very]
- Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others.
[ Anticipating Anticipations Investing Others Successful]
- Think as you work, for in the final analysis, your worth to your company comes not only in solving problems, but also in anticipating them.
[ Also Analysis Anticipating Comes Company Final Only Problems Solving Them Think Work Worth Your]
- A book is sent out into the world, and there is no way of fully anticipating the responses it will elicit. Consider the responses called forth by the Bible, Homer, Shakespeare - let alone contemporary poetry or a modern novel.
[ Alone Anticipating Bible Book Called Consider Contemporary Elicit Forth Fully Homer Into Modern Novel Out Poetry Responses Sent Shakespeare Way Will World]
- When people begin anticipating inflation, it doesn't do you any good anymore, because any benefit of inflation comes from the fact that you do better than you thought you were going to do.
[ Anticipating Any Anymore Because Begin Benefit Better Comes Fact Going Good Inflation Than Thought Were]