- It is to the Riddle of the Sphinx that I have devoted fifty years of professional life as an anthropologist.
[ Anthropologist Devoted Fifty Life Professional Riddle Sphinx Sphinx Years]
- The historical development of the work of anthropologists seems to single out clearly a domain of knowledge that heretofore has not been treated by any other science.
[ Anthropologists Any Been Clearly Development Domain Heretofore Historical Knowledge Other Out Science Seems Single Treated Work]
- I grew up certain for a while that I was going to be an anthropologist, until film turned my head.
[ Anthropologist Certain Film Going Grew Head Turned Until Up While]
- When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before the white man came, an Indian said simply, "Ours."
[ America Anthropologist Asked Before Called Came Indian Indians Man Ours Said Simply White]
- I think of myself as a writer who happens to be doing his writing as an anthropologist.
[ Anthropologist Doing Happens His Myself Think Writer Writing]
- Most anthropologists are doing straightforward ethnography, and should.
[ Anthropologists Doing Most Should Straightforward]
- Younger anthropologists have the notion that anthropology is too diverse. The number of things done under the name of anthropology is just infinite; you can do anything and call it anthropology.
[ Anthropologists Anthropology Anything Call Diverse Done Infinite Just Name Notion Number Things Too Under Younger]
- Anthropologists are a connecting link between poets and scientists; though their field-work among primitive peoples has often made them forget the language of science.
[ Among Anthropologists Between Connecting Forget Language Link Made Often Peoples Poets Primitive Science Scientists Their Them Though]
- This was the most important discovery I had ever made in my life. It was a discovery which has irrevocably changed my whole life's direction. It immediately elevated me to the status of one of the world's leading anthropologists.
[ Anthropologists Changed Direction Discovery Elevated Ever Had Immediately Important Irrevocably Leading Life Made Most Status Which Whole World]
- Most Kikuyu marriages were arranged on the basis of what is described by anthropologists as the bride price.
[ Anthropologists Arranged Basis Bride Described Marriages Most Price Were]